how expensive is ibiza

no_surprise

Hey all,

Heading to Ibiza in a week, first time, can't wait!!!

I hear it's expensive and I'm trying to figure out what a conservative average budget would be as a visitor mainly going to party and sit on the beach and do whatever it is that comes along - not counting hotel or big club night tickets. Things like eating, drinking, getting around and activities on the less expensive side of things... for example is €75-100/day going to get you around much, or €100-150/day.... or is that plenty? any thoughts???

Thanks!!

spend as much as you wish.its your budget end of day.live how you feel.£100.00 a day is enough to do what you wish.base your hols on that amount.you will come back with change as well.

Just done £1k in 4 days. Although we spent the day drinking cocktails at mambo and kanya rather than drink at the west end. We did go to the london bar on the west end on our last day though and got two drinks each, a shot each and a pitcher of cocktail for €10 each which was ****ing good I thought.

nice. i'm going for 8 days, staying in san antonio. not a clue what to expect, just going to get there and see what happens. just want to make sure i have enough to do some things during the day and do it up at night.

I have always taken £100 per day and then another £100 on top just incase and have always come back with change (although last year it was about 5 euro!!) it just all depends what you do

I stayed AI the last 2 years (and again this year) so only used small amount of money for eating out and drinks and the rest was on the night times!

I spent €1200 in a week last year and that wasn't going mad at all. 3 clubbing nights, cheap food and drank mainly Sunset/West End/Bar M area.

I'd make sure you have at least that and access to more incase you need it.

I spent €1200 in a week last year and that wasn't going mad at all. 3 clubbing nights, cheap food and drank mainly Sunset/West End/Bar M area.

I'd make sure you have at least that and access to more incase you need it.

you spent that much while only going clubbing 3 nights , eating cheap food and drinking cheap beer? Good lord how many of those cheap pints did you drink?

you spent that much while only going clubbing 3 nights , eating cheap food and drinking cheap beer? Good lord how many of those cheap pints did you drink?
Exactly! I hope that included hotel and maybe car rental :lol:

I spent an average of 150-175 euros/day per person for me and the missus in the past couple of visits. But that's with me going out every night, the missus too on half the nights, lots of drinks, and usually one nice restaurant meal per day.

i'm bringing over €2000 for 9 days and none of that money has to pay for the apartment its all paid for

should that be enough ye?
planning on hitting 6 big nights while i'm there

i'm bringing over €2000 for 9 days
and none of that money has to pay for the apartment its all paid for
should that be enough ye?
more than enough -
if you don´t bring it in cash and they steal it the first day :)
(or do you want to go to brothel every night ... then you might run out of money :lol: )

Blimey £100 a day for having a good time:) hence we'd be living World's apart spending wise on Ibiza:oops:.

I thought the credit crunch was supposed too be hitting hard everyone but reading some of the spotlighters posts on here it seem's not:eek:. I'm going alone back to Es-Canar September 2nd for 1wk & i doubt i'll be spending more than 400 euros for the period inclus renting a Cabinos or is it a garden shed:D. I'll be buying in a couple of 1ltr bottles ie: Vodka,Whiskey & the rest of my time will be spent paying around 2.50? for a pint in the bars along with eating in the cheap resto's scattered around the Island. Ibiza can be fun on the cheap though my idea of a fun holiday isn't to everyone else's tastes including the wife's ;).

Roll on September 2nd & hopefully the weather will be kinder than previous Sept's when i've been holidaying on the Island.

Dave

more than enough -
if you don´t bring it in cash and they steal it the first day :)
(or do you want to go to brothel every night ... then you might run out of money :lol: )

nope wont be bringing cash
and who knows..maybe if i'm not having so much luck when i'm out i might have to :lol:

san antonio bay

well you can certainly have a good time in san antonio bay, on a budget most cafes and restaurants do a great english breakfast for around 4 euros and a 3 course evening meal for around 10 euros , and lots of free food or very cheap kids meals.. then the bars have a variety of great entertainment at nights to suit all ages .. an average pint of lager is 2 euros to 2.50 .. bottled beer similar price .. cocktails and mixed drinks from 4 euros very large measures xxx

So you think I will get by on 450-500 euros for 11 nights, baring in mind we are staying in cala llonga and only really clubbing once or twice, one of the nights we have tickets to already.

We are staying in an apartment so plan on doing a bit of cooking which should keep costs down, not one to buy tat whilst away either.

So you think I will get by on 450-500 euros for 11 nights, baring in mind we are staying in cala llonga and only really clubbing once or twice, one of the nights we have tickets to already.

We are staying in an apartment so plan on doing a bit of cooking which should keep costs down, not one to buy tat whilst away either.

That should be enough for your plans!

I thought Ibiza was pretty cheap this year bar-wise. Pretty much every bar where I stayed (San An) was around the 3 Euro a pint marker.

Mind you they had to drop their prices to keep the punters coming back..

saidtomyself Cala Llonga

Cala Llonga is quite expensive a pint average 3.50 euro thats local some places do have happy hours at 2 euro a pint at Pirates , like you say you are stay Self catering the local spar shops have there own brand lager 4.5% about 1.15euro for a Ltr so you can stock the fridge up . Brand products J Smith , Carling are not cheap in the bars , Mr Cairoes had a offer on I think was 2.50 euro for cans of J Smiths bitter, Jovi bar 2.50 euro a pint with a free tapas snack also give The Mayfair Cocktail Bar a try with a drink called NEGRA at 3 euro a pint I think that how its spelt ,All these prices were in June 2009 so may have change Also one local snack bar decided they were not as busy as normal so what they did was yes you guess it they put up the prices to make up lost for not been as busy , I would have though lower them to bring more people in and have a greater turn over , but thats Spain for you so price could be anything now
so your 450 euro works out about 40 euro a day divide that by 3.50 gives you roughly 11 pints a day is that enough booze
have fun and enjoy what Ibiza has to offer

Not really that bothered about boozing, thanks for the heads up but dont plan on spending much time in British bars whilst in Ibiza, thanks again for giving me an idea on the prices.

Hi

I have just returned from Ibiza. I stayed between San Anotnio and the bay. I went with my boyfriend for a relaxing holiday but then clubbing and going out on the night. I took £550 for my self and so did my boyfriend and I came back with £140. I went to Amnesia, Eden and Es Pardis. Even though I was half board still ate out at night and for lunch (about 15 euros for dinner for two). People over react and say it is expensive but that is only near the sunset strip or big clubs. Every where else you can buy things for the same price in UK or cheaper. In the day we went on boat trips, to different beaches and watersports. Had plenty of money and west end is the best for dinking deals which we went to every night. Also look out for club promotors on the promade giving wrist bands as I went to the water party at Es Paridis and got in there for free and the tickets were 45 euro on the door. :)

Not really that bothered about boozing, thanks for the heads up but dont plan on spending much time in British bars whilst in Ibiza, thanks again for giving me an idea on the prices.

One tip: If you do want to travel to Ibiza Town or San An for the evening, ie drinking/clubbing etc then the last bus out of Cala Llonga used to be about 6pm - so it makes for a long evening in either resort - you might have to factor in taxi's both ways if you are not driving - which is prob about 20€- 30€ per journey (prob over estimated there) to Ibiza Town/San An respectively... Cala Llonga is a lovely little resort...8) nice and quiet.

Back