How do you buy your holiday?

ibiza

Do you tend to go to all the travel agents and play them off eachother? Do you try to find a good package deal with one of the many online agents? Or do you buy everything seperately and try to go as direct as possible? My main question is which way do you find is the cheapest way of doing things? Or isn't there much difference on the whole?

people don't always choose a holiday because it's the 'cheapest'

i factor convenience, style, comfort, timing into my holiday choices too.

i haven't used a travel agent since 1989

well obviously you want the best price and i was just asking what is the chepaest way people have found to book holidays. I don't have a lot of money so of course price is the main factor, but cleanliness comfort location and safety are big factors too. 'style' doesn't really matter unless your a poser lol.

Bought my flights from easyjet. Then booked four nights at a hotel from Lowcostholidays.com. Piscis Park (I know, I know), four nights for £48. Total holiday cost £124. Bargain.

going diy means you can stay in a hotel for just 4 mights if you wish.and travel with any airline.i have done 18 nights and went out with tui and came back with thomas cook.its just getting a good flight first.then looking for a hotel of your choice.

well i've found packages mid september next year(heard thats best for the closing parties)for around £400 for 11 nights self catering. is that a decent price? at mo only two people but may be more. don't to stay in a ****hole where it's dirty and you're likely to get burgled. a pool is preferable as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought my flights from easyjet. Then booked four nights at a hotel from Lowcostholidays.com. Piscis Park (I know, I know), four nights for £48. Total holiday cost £124. Bargain.

lol piscis park, looks kind of nice to be honest but heard dodgy things about it, hope you have good time there!

well i've found packages mid september next year(heard thats best for the closing parties)for around £400 for 11 nights self catering. is that a decent price? at mo only two people but may be more. don't to stay in a ****hole where it's dirty and you're likely to get burgled. a pool is preferable as well.

The last 2 years I went mid Sept and only paid £420 (AI 7 nights) and £450 (AI 10 nights). This year I am staying AI again for 7 days and paid £390 (Oct).

HB at a hotel further round the Bay was only £30 cheaper. Would rather pay the extra £30 and have everything included, still going to be going out for meals, etc.

i've thought about half board/all inclusive but always get worried about the quality of food, drink etc. also, doesn't it restrict you to the hotel if you're gonna get ur moneys worth? i like the idea of having your own fridge, taking food with you etc. and sometimes you can't make it for breakfast/lunch cuz your still smashed from the night before.

i've thought about half board/all inclusive but always get worried about the quality of food, drink etc. also, doesn't it restrict you to the hotel if you're gonna get ur moneys worth? i like the idea of having your own fridge, taking food with you etc. and sometimes you can't make it for breakfast/lunch cuz your still smashed from the night before.

Half board is good - it's something to fall back on - all your money can be spent on partying and you don't need to worry about eating out every night.

that's what i mean about style. getting in a queue to dish out your own meal isn't my idea of a holiday and eating out is never a worry. i like to eat when i want to eat, not a two hour slot when the canteen's open.

that's what i mean about style. getting in a queue to dish out your own meal isn't my idea of a holiday and eating out is never a worry. i like to eat when i want to eat, not a two hour slot when the canteen's open.

do you tend to go for room only places or self catering where you get a fridge etc? room only is cheapest of all but space is an issue, when you go with mates you like a bit of privacy if you get lucky and bring someone back, thats why i like 1 bed apt's otherwise you're rlegated to the balcony or they're relegated to the bog lol.

Ya... good thinking. If Stephen brought someone back, his missus might object to having to wait out on the balcony :lol:

ibiza which resort you thinking of booking for anyway.you need s/c for the fridge.how many will there be going.

well only two of us so far and definitely in san antonio or if it's not too far to walk the bay. was looking at riviera or la sirena. tropicana don't look too bad but i cant find reviews for it. there's sol post but has mixed reviews.i like the flexibilty of s/c but if it's room only i don't mind as long we can find some decent cheap food. i don't see the point in b&b as we'll probably miss it most of the time. would love to go ibiza rocks or poniente but don't want to spend too much. i looked at poniente yesterday and it was £350 around for ten days now it's over £400! it's like cat and mouse. there seems to be loads of hostels but they look rather ****. not sure how important a pool is, the sea might do.

Ya... good thinking. If Stephen brought someone back, his missus might object to having to wait out on the balcony :lol:
30 seconds in the cold never hurt anybody.

20kbp54.gif

The food I have had has never been too bad and drink is drink. Like I say there has only been about £30-50 difference between HB and AI and I would probably spend that much in one night on drink so I tend to think its worth it.

Plus it means towards the end of the holiday and if funds are a bit low, you dont have to make the decision of keeping money to eat or go out drinking! I dont eat in the hotel everyday and dont go to every meal/sitting.

hmm well it's difficult weighing it up, it'll cost at least a hundred more for hb or a/i, i just wonder if you could take food from home, go to cheap restaurants or takeaways and do it cheaper.

Back