how do we keep the 18-30 reps off our back?

K

kc

Me and my friend have foolishly booked up with 18-30's for our holiday this year(hey it was the cheapest way to do it)!

I went with them late last summer but by then i think they were all pretty tired of the sales pitch and ready to go home!

ive heard that in the high season they can be very pushy when it comes to buying tickets from them.is this right???

how do i get them to take no for an answer?

also does anyone know if they can supply you with discounted tickets for big club nights or just crappy west end nights!

completely agree, no matter how pushy anyone is
a simple no thank you F*ck off will do
no one can force you to do sh*t!
the'll get the message after 3 f*ck off's in a row!!

no they can't get cheaper tickets, at least not cheaper then buying in ibiza town!

mandy d is right. ive been with twenties before they were trying to push us we told them to f^ck of and they did.

you cant be nice with them though otherwise they wont listen. we were quite harsh in the way we told them but they never disturbed us for the rest of the holiday 8)

take an extra £100 buy the stuff then they will shut up ( i dont work for em)

I think the f*ck off thing would work, but look at it this way... if it was YOUR job to sell something and you were on commission... what would it take YOU to stop pushing?

jsmith4519 said:
take an extra £100 buy the stuff then they will shut up ( i dont work for em)

Thats the sort of thing my girlfriend would do and I still say people who do that need a slap!

I have been on two 18-30s. Had a ball on both of them because I never booked the trip and done my own thing.

The best way to keep them off your back is DON'T go to the welcome party! You must not go! If you do the will try and try and sell you everything. They tell everyone that they need to go to it as you need to "get your return flight tickets validated". Ignore it - it is pish!

They will probably try and sell you stuff when they see ya, just say no.

Have fun.

went with freestyle last year we smashed up the free cd,s they gave us and used the free frisbees as an ashtray didnt c them after that,i wonder why.

met with mates who went with 18-30 last yr they tryed sellin us tickets to tonic got into massive argument when i said i d prefer to go to cream its better and i can get everyone on the guestlist,she insisted on selling these tickets at 30 euros a pop and just didnt get the message,wnakers.

Aaron said:
The best way to keep them off your back is DON'T go to the welcome party! You must not go! If you do the will try and try and sell you everything. They tell everyone that they need to go to it as you need to "get your return flight tickets validated". Ignore it - it is pish!

Haha...this is what I tell people to do when I book them on these holidays and it is the way to avoid them.

reps

just tell them from the start, you will not be intrested in any of their trips.

when you go to the welcome meetings tell them their and then.

you do get a free glass of nats piss

that or you have them banging on the door every 15 minutes..

best to get it out of the way and be upfront with them..

note: their my be some stuff you want to do with the 18 to 30's you can also pay for trip indaviually if that helps

First thing, as Aaron said, dont go to the welcoming party, no matter what excuse they come with that you need to attend. The usual one is that you need to get your return flight validated. Thats rubbish.
The "Fvck off" approach can work but sometimes it can work against you and they ask you more and more to go on these trips.
The one time I went, I found the best approach was to ask them how much they make if the sell you two tickets. Its probably going to be very little and then offer to give them EUR 20 cash (or something like that) into their hand. That way everyone is happy and if for some reason you do need their help later in the holiday (i.e. illness or if you happened to get arrested or something), they should be happy to help you.

spunkymonkey said:
First thing, as Aaron said, dont go to the welcoming party, no matter what excuse they come with that you need to attend. The usual one is that you need to get your return flight validated. Thats rubbish.
The "Fvck off" approach can work but sometimes it can work against you and they ask you more and more to go on these trips.
The one time I went, I found the best approach was to ask them how much they make if the sell you two tickets. Its probably going to be very little and then offer to give them EUR 20 cash (or something like that) into their hand. That way everyone is happy and if for some reason you do need their help later in the holiday (i.e. illness or if you happened to get arrested or something), they should be happy to help you.

Best idea so far.

When i was unfortunate to go with them a few years ago we just told them that we werent interested, and wouldnt be at the hotel much anyway. Got bothered a bit but when they tried to say get us to come to the water park we just said no thanks we're going space but you can give us a lift on your coach if you want :D By the time we got to space/water park car park we had another 5 or so people coming with us instead of going water park with them. They didnt talk to us much after that.

only an idea andyvokes...i didnt do that and wont be this year

Back