How Clubbing Changed The World

Content was good but I agree with people that the countdown idea seemed very pointless.

Should've just done it chronologically, would've made much more sense to people not into the scene.

Thought Moby was brilliant too, would love to have a chat with him over a pint, he seems so down to earth

I agree about the countdown format making it a chroniclogical nightmare in terms of continuity, but the reason that format was used was so they could build-up to their big reveal at No.1! Channel 4 once again pushing the boundaries and being the acid-test on controvesy (!)

It was obvious where it was going not very far in - notice how the word "ectasy" and all its sydonyms went conveniently unmentioned for the first 1 hour 55 minutes...

Guetta was at no. 2 because this programme was called "The Way Clubbing Changed the World", NOT "The 50 Best Things About Clubbing". Arguably Guetta's influence, regardless of how you feel about it, is so global and widespread it may actually be pushing ecstasy for the top spot! :lol:

I still enjoyed it. Easy to criticise. Never gonna fit all of the history into a 2 hour documentary.

Stuff like this has been done a million times before but the worst thing is the americans are calling it EDM-FACEPALMS

Idris Elba was brilliant in Luther. Early in the programme it said he was also a DJ, anybody ever seen him?

Agree with early posts, that the "countdown" made the programme a bit messy. But I really enjoying it and learnt a few things along the way.

I guessed what the No 1 was going to be at the start. Suprised that Jimmy Saville was the first DJ to use two decks!

Idris Elba was brilliant in Luther. Early in the programme it said he was also a DJ, anybody ever seen him?!

He DJ'ed at Ushuaia last summer for All Gone Usher with Pete Tong.

There may be a mini-mix floating around on BBC Radio1 website he did a few years ago.

The reason that format was used was so they could build-up to their big reveal at No.1! Channel 4 once again pushing the boundaries and being the acid-test on controvesy (!)

Hardly pushing boundaries though was it? That description would surely belong their equinox documentary 'rave new world' some 18 years prior. Even interviewed the 60s bloke who re-discovered it and showed some of the testing they carried out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACraqnQoIsg

Its TV for the masses, content and production edited by researchers who just cherry pick the most popular and relevant information for the mainstream.

Well presented and slick enough but as mentioned above, rather pedestrian and nothing that we havnt seen before.

It was a nice warm up to Houseparty though......

MDMA is still a class A drug and doesn't look like budging from there anytime soon. It was the right answer, but still pretty brave in that it did look like drug glorification.

Back