How Clubbing Changed The World

posted on FB - No 2: Guetta/Black Eyed Peas *shakes head* No 1: f***in' awesome & quite brave of ch4 to do that! :lol:

Boy george was procrastinating on twitter, even tho he was in it, think my 2 yo nice could do better that GMF tho

There was obviously good bits. But predictably it ended up just being another naff channel 4 countdown. Its not like this kinda thing is gonna get done a lot. Should have been done a lot better I reckon.

And Grandmaster Flash.... wtf was that all about?

I'll check out the other sets later. Soul II Soul, HMD and A-Trak should be decent.

Agree with most people here. Some of the content was fine but the idea to make it a countdown was just baffling. The chronology was so confused and only someone with an already existing knowledge of the scene could have made reasonable sense of it.

Also, not sure it made a big enough deal of some of the social and counter cultural aspects too. But maybe that's just my own clubbing idealism spilling over again.

It's was a bit all over the place but I liked most of it. Rhianna's song was very much like the kind of thing Rozalla used to do back in '91 but not as good. Why bother showing what they are listening to in the USA now when it seems to be 20 years behind? :lol:
I suppose we got off lightly when the only thing really spoiling the show was Guetta and Black Eyed Piss.

Weatherall`s beard...and Guetta saying"before daft punk everything sounded cheap and cheesey"...:confused:

Weatherall looks like something out of Lord of the Rings. :lol:

Maybe BBC4 will cover the topic at some point in a manner similar to Punk Britannia?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back