Hotels & Money 2009

tripehound

I have found the best deals are not direct thru the hotels themselves this year but thru firms that booked a quota last year in GBP. Since the EU has gained agaist GBP for now. I dont know what spotlights prices asrte like but sites like Quickrooms have come up trumps. If you book later in the season that situation may have reversed (Euro losing against GBP is now the established market trend). So don't go buying your Euros until later.

I think it must depend on the time of year your travelling aswell though, ive recently booked up through an internet agent (abta and atol bonded) and found my hotel is still quite a bit cheaper than from the company you stated, maybes im just lucky although i only booked it yesterday.

If cost is important to you i would always recommend searching around five different sites for prices, you often find that one of them will price match anyway. Although take into consideration that if the site isnt bonded you might lose your money if it goes bust....just a thought!:cry:

Quite right. Thats was merely an example, theyre a lot better value than direct bookings online, but perhaps there are some deals to be had if bookings are down. For those really on a pinch take care as some hotels can put you in some crappy rooms, ege Hotel Maritimo in Figuretes which doesnt mind putting you in a basement cell with no window, in the cellar, especially the lone traveller. Great for gimps but no good for a sax man.

I was wondering what is the best time to book a hotel in Ibiza for the coming summer (early July) through for example Ibiza Spotlight? There are early bird offers now, offering 10-15% discount if you book before May.

But with the current economic climate, will it be ok to book now (discount wise) or wait till closer of July if the prices drop?

I have a hotel in mind (S´´anfora in San An bay, been there before, it was ok, clean and cheap) and they are offering early bird discount. Will they drop prices later i.e would I get a hotel cheaper now or a few weeks before my trip?

i'm off work for 12 days from tomorrow and looked at icelolly and wow 10th to 17th at the riviera for £176 inc flights don't now if can resist:twisted:

I was wondering what is the best time to book a hotel in Ibiza for the coming summer (early July) through for example Ibiza Spotlight? There are early bird offers now, offering 10-15% discount if you book before May.

But with the current economic climate, will it be ok to book now (discount wise) or wait till closer of July if the prices drop?

I have a hotel in mind (S´´anfora in San An bay, been there before, it was ok, clean and cheap) and they are offering early bird discount. Will they drop prices later i.e would I get a hotel cheaper now or a few weeks before my trip?

I would book as early as possible personally, hotels for July/Aug are massively busy in Ibiza - prices wont drop for those months on the Island - they wont have to - demand usually exceeds supply 8)

i've just been looking on quickrooms, and the hotel we were going to book with thomas cook is £100 cheaper and gives us more time to get it paid off...is there some sort of catch? has anyone used the site before? i'm a bit wary of booking on the net but am keen to save money :) sorry if im not supposed to post about other sites on here, wasnt sure!

funny i saved £250 pounds just booking with t/c inc flight.so its not always best to book on some sites.

There have been some bizarre bargains around recently on Thomson website. A few weeks ago I booked Fiesta Hotel Don Toni for one week half board next Friday for about £80. Also for a couple of days last week they were offering a Fiesta hotel in Cala Llonga for the same week, half board, for only £27!!! :eek: I assume they just struggle to get rid of single rooms... My proper holiday in July with my mates is in similar hotels, and is about 4 times more expensive than my holiday next week.

Interesting development with my own holiday actually - I had an unexpected week off work, booked a single room in Hotel Don Toni for a week starting next Friday, but Thomson contacted me yesterday to say the hotel was now not opening until 20th because of under occupancy, so would I mind having a suite in Club Don Toni (part of same complex). Should be much bigger than the single room -result. :)

Back