Hotel Pacific or Apartamentos Los Angeles

Aggietraveler

My top criteria for a place to stay:
ease of meeting other english speakers to party w/
wifi access
refridgerator in room

Based on other factors like price and location, i've whittled down Spotlight's "Ibiza Wifi Hotels" to the aforementioned two. Now I just need a little help/input from my fellow Spotlighters before I pull the trigger on either.

Pacific has more reviews and seems to generally be regarded a party hotel. It is close to a lot of action, and has a pool around which to meet other guests. downdside is that it doesn't have a fridge. (1 adult, 9 nights, half board 313Euro)

Apt L. A. does not have nearly as many reviews online -none on tripadvisor- but has a fridge. It is smaller and does not have a pool, so no central area to meet new friends. (Studio apt for 1, 9 nights, room only, 352 Euro)

Your opinion on this would be greatly appreciated. If you have other spots that you recommend and really want to make it tough for me, then please suggest those as well:)

cheers,
AT
June 7-16

I've been to the Pacific before (back in 2005) and am going again this summer.

I don't know whether I'd call it a "party" hotel from my experience, but it's by no means a family one either. It's lively and you won't be short of "up for it" people to meet, but you'll be able to get some kip if you need it too. I remember sitting over looking the pool a few times very early morning (about 6 or 7) and seeing a few bursts of activity from other rooms, but nothing that would keep you awake. And it is very "english speaking" dominated. San An is in general really.

It's a good, clean, basic hotel. Security is good and you can hire both fridges and safes. Can't comment on the food because we were bed and breakfast last time out and I didn't make breakfast at all that week. :oops:

It's best aspect is the location though, being so close to both Eden and Es Paradis. I remember me and my mate being pretty grateful that Es Paradis was so close to our hotel when we rolled out of the place like zombies at 7am on our final night. You don't have to walk far to hit a beach either.

Gotta second everything phil said. Stayed at pacific last year an couldnt fault the place apart from no fridge. Out of the five times ive been it was the best hotel so far. Only trying somewhere diff this yesr cos i like staying in different places, otherwise we would be back to pacific!

tom

Pacific i would go for.i stayed in the Apartamentos Los Angeles in 84.not that got much sleep.good location but to much noise from square.nice rooms but they was basci when i was there.might have improved since then.we ended up useing other pools when we was there 18 of us.the one at top of the building as you walk down towards the main taxi rank.about 20 floors up its on the roof.above the chemist.

Pacific at least you away from main area.and hotel as air/con.

Hotel Pacific looks good, only thing is that there will be 7 of us.. Will it be possible to put 3 in one room and 4 in another (says that they are only 3 person rooms).

A second question, for the first week we will be staying in playa d'en bossa. There will be 8 of us in a 6 person room (2 late joiners). We think we can just about make it work but are worried about the consequences if a maid/the hotel finds out. Any advice?

Charlie.

If they dont do 4 to a room youll have to go 2/2/3 or smuggle the last person into the rooms if you go 3/3.

I did it once in tennerife in 96. Hardest part was getting an additional suit case in at check in :) The maids generally dont give a crap but I wouldnt flaunt the fact that you have an extra person or two if you do manage it ie: pack away extra bedding when maid comes, hide extra people on balcony whenever there is a knock at the door, dont let the addons ever get the key or chat to staff or goto breakfast lol... etc. Just keep a low profile and of course stay the frick out of trouble.

A few of our friends did the same thing in Faliraki in 99. We had a 4 man room and 3 more people wanted to stay but no more rooms. The owner just said all pile in ours for a few extra euros a night :D I cant see that happening at Pacific though ;)

tom

If they dont do 4 to a room youll have to go 2/2/3 or smuggle the last person into the rooms if you go 3/3.

I did it once in tennerife in 96. Hardest part was getting an additional suit case in at check in :) The maids generally dont give a crap but I wouldnt flaunt the fact that you have an extra person or two if you do manage it ie: pack away extra bedding when maid comes, hide extra people on balcony whenever there is a knock at the door, dont let the addons ever get the key or chat to staff or goto breakfast lol... etc. Just keep a low profile and of course stay the frick out of trouble.

A few of our friends did the same thing in Faliraki in 99. We had a 4 man room and 3 more people wanted to stay but no more rooms. The owner just said all pile in ours for a few extra euros a night :D I cant see that happening at Pacific though ;)

tom

I guess we could get 2 three persons and a 1 but that would raise the cost quite significantly! Hmm would not want to get chucked out though! Do Pacific rooms actually have the space for 4? I'm guessing it's 2 single beds and a sofa in each room (or is it 3 beds and a sofa?). I suppose someone could sleep on the floor on the crappy blankets + pillows or on something inflatable.

2/2/3 should be cheaper than 3/3/1. Not sure on the setup. We were two man last year and it was two beds.

tom

2/2/3 should be cheaper than 3/3/1. Not sure on the setup. We were two man last year and it was two beds.

tom

Ok I guess Paradise Hotel is looking like the best option right now, even if we end up needing an extra room. Can anyone suggest any other place near to the action in San An (but not like right in the thick of it), which are a similar price? So like at max 150 euros a night for a 3 person room.. Have searched online extensively but without having been its a bit difficult to rely on the crappy reviews authored by the hotel owners themselves.

Basically am looking for, accomodation in San An at the above price, somewhere that isn't insanely noisy at all hours but is primarily clubbers + sociable and is near the main parts of San An.. Alternately if it's actually possible to hire a villa for only 7 or 8 days we would love to do that, but have struggled to find any in / nearish to San An so if anyone knows of a good site then would love to hear it.

Thanks!

Ch

Have a look at the one I'am staying at this year, Casa Maria. Just down the road from Pacific, near the EGG. Chose it because its bang in the middle of san-an and has pretty good reviews. Got it for a decent price from www.travelrepublic.co.uk

tom

Pacific is quality - stayed there last year and heading back again this year - location is the best aspect - everything is a stones throw away - apart from sunset strip but if you stay up that end thats all you've got really.

Clean rooms, ice cold air con, ( i nearly wrote ice cannon there :lol:) and quiet so you can get a good sleep.

You can hang about the piscis park next door - ideal for meeting people and a lively atmosphere, but an absolute nightmare to stay in lol

So i'd definitely recommend Pacific - plus it's right next to the new Boho club too!

Have a look at the one I'am staying at this year, Casa Maria. Just down the road from Pacific, near the EGG. Chose it because its bang in the middle of san-an and has pretty good reviews. Got it for a decent price from www.travelrepublic.co.uk

tom

Cheers for the link mate, loads more reviews on there to help make a decision. It's so hard to choose though! Some of them are so cheap you just know that in spite of the good reviews they must be a bit **** (eg Poniente Playa, am quite tempted but know I could regret it).. I wish I could find a villa which was in or near to San An but I reckon people renting out villas would rather have someone book it for at least a month and not just a week.. Casa Maria looks good as well, a bit far from the beach + lack of TV are the only real issues, but I guess it will be a choice between there, Pacific and Poniente Playa if we can't get a villa.

Casa is like 3 mins from the beach. Its right in front of it. The beach in San-an is next to the egg just infront of Eden/Es-paradis. Casa is on the road just north of the Egg. And TV ??!?!?! WTF kinda holiday are you planning??!? :D

tom

Casa is like 3 mins from the beach. Its right in front of it. The beach in San-an is next to the egg just infront of Eden/Es-paradis. Casa is on the road just north of the Egg. And TV ??!?!?! WTF kinda holiday are you planning??!? :D

tom

Haha :D Well, I don't plan to spend much time inside, but I will have been in Ibiza for a week by the time I head to San An. Although the plan is to take things slower this year (last year was 1 week, this year is 2), by that stage I will probably be sunburnt + approaching mental + physical destruction. So if I do actually reach that point then a TV + 24 hour news will definitely be needed on some days to help maintain some sanity!

Yup, deffo Hotel Pacific stayed there last year, staying there this year aswell.....all these comments above are bang on! cant fault the place!!

Back