hotel galera

joef1sh

just wondering if anyone has been to the hotel galera. its a club 18-30 appartments in san antonio bay??

cheers joe

hotel galers

hiya,ive just came back from ibiza and stayed in the galera.

the hotel has a great location and the staff are very friendly.if your planning on getting pissed before you go out then hide your alcohol well as they do not allow you to take it into your room.

if your lucky like us you will have a view over a football pitch from your balcony-that was pretty cool as the ibiza cup was on so we watched a game every night before going out.

the only bad thing about it is that the heat is unbearable!!!-no air conditioning so i reccomend hiring a fan to keep you cool.

also take mosquito repellent as we woke up many mornings with bites!!!

your reps will probably be andy and louise-there alright,andy is a bit of a geek trying to be cool but it aint working and louise is a bit of a slapper!!!

hope that info has helped and you enjoy your holiday.

oh another piece of advice-if the reps are doing your head in then head to the levante pool during the day which is a lot bigger and they also serve food which is cheap and cheerful-its just down the road from the galera on the left as your walking towards the 24hr supermarket.

enjoy!!!

i stayed close to the galera, walked past the football every day. was the cup when they had the pepsi things there?

while your in the galera go to the tijuana resturant (mexican) its just up from the shouting man statue

kc said:
if your lucky like us you will have a view over a football pitch from your balcony-that was pretty cool as the ibiza cup was on so we watched a game every night before going out

9.jpg

kc said:
take mosquito repellent as we woke up many mornings with bites!!!

read this: http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2791 :eek:

kc said:
head to the levante pool during the day which is a lot bigger

IBI_H83_S0151910.JPG

GazDaBomb said:
while your in the galera go to the
images
resturant (mexican) its just up from the shouting man statue

screaming.jpg

Well, iv jus returned from a fortnight at the Galera and what can i say.
Our bathroom leaked, our toilet didnt flush, our sink was hangin off the wall,the maid nicked our towel and yeah, it was absolutely boiling in the rooms. You would have a shower then break into a sweat tryin to dry yourself. But apart from that, i guess the hotel served its purpose. It would be an ideal location for anyone that wanted to stay in the town but didnt want the full exposure of the west end on their doorstep. Its located only 5 minutes away, jus away from it all, but not too far. Plus sunset strip and the bus station aint that far either.
Theres still quite an amount of traffic noise while your tryin to sleep but that would be expected in San An town.
I also wouldnt recommend goin down to the pool in the day, it gets overcrowded and is shaded from the sun lunchtime onwards. They also play an extremely dodgy collection of cds down there which are always on repeat. Clubmix 99 (which they've prob had on rotation for the last 4 years),Michael Jackson and some sort of cheesy 70's disco album. I even heard a bit of Phil Collins the other day.+
As JC said, the hotel staff did seem friendly, apart from the barman, i kinda felt like i was puttin him out when i asked for a drink.
The Reps Andy and Louise were an absolute waste of space. They only seemed to come knockin on our door when they were after somethin. The amount of times i collared Andy over the leakin bathroom and then he finally turned around the day before we went home and said we could move rooms, which was pointless at that point.
We were actually meant to be stayin in the S'amfora which was in the bay, but we found out that we had been moved when we arrived at the airport, Louise told us that the ceiling had caved in on the room we were meant to stay in, but i later found out off another rep that we had actually been double booked.She was basically bullshiting me.
I wasnt pleased either when we were moved to the town, but the location could of been much worse.
For the whole holiday, Andy and Louise pestered us to accept a poor excuse of an amount of compensation. Which i kept refusing. The pool, the bar, reception, my room, they wouldnt leave us alone, yet they couldnt sort the bathroom problem.
Andy looked a right tit when he was clownin round the pool. The guy needs to lose a bit of weight, he didnt even take his t-shirt off in the pool. Im bein petty now but they really pissed me off with their bullshit.
Dont go on any of the nights they try and sell you at the welcome meeting either.
Goin back to the hotel though,its rough and ready but it serves its job as a base. It is only one star afer all.
I was shocked at the fact that you werent allowed alcohol in your room, if you get caught, you will have it took off you along with a slap on the wrists, and you werent allowed on the balcony at night. We did anyway, but i kinda felt like i was at school again.
But at the end of the day, we still had a good holiday though, and we met some good people at that hotel. So it wasnt all bad. After all, It only cost us £310 each for 2 weeks.
Next year i think we will splash the extra cash for somethin a bit nicer with air conditioning.

I think Grimsby Town won that cup!

Re: hotel galers

kc said:
the levante pool during the day which is a lot bigger and they also serve food which is cheap and cheerful-its just down the road from the galera on the left as your walking towards the 24hr supermarket.

Quality pool!

never gets that busy and we've been so many times the waiters don't need to ask what we want to drink!

Only complaint is the music was rank - take your own CD player if you've got one!

yes

twice infact

good hotel stones throw away from the westend and a quick walk to the sun set strip. have herd that the staff this year are a bit rude. nice hotel fairly lively...good size rooms

is my hotel really as bad as this?

i think iv dropped i clanger

everytime i want some booze ill have to sneak it into my room.

You'll prob find it aint that bad.

Me and my girlfriend had our fair share of bad luck but we still enjoyed it.
At the end of the day, it was cheap.
Jus put your alcohol in a ruck sack and get stocked up in advance.

Back