Hotel Es Vive

R

Richie Rich

Hi there,

Has anyone stayed here - if so what's it like?

Thanks!

Rich

Staying there this year, didn't stay there last year but had friends who did and popped in and it's lurrrrrverly :D

Fab location, great pool and sunbeds, good crowd, can't go wrong with it.

Yeah, went last year and it's a nice place. More from the staff/attitude than anything else.

The location isn't bad - about 20 mins walk to either Evissa or Playa den Bossa/Space (in opposite directions).

The pool is nice, the pool area is great - all nice wooden decking and comfy wooden seats with big cuisions all over. They are a bit short on sun loungers though and the sun goes off early-ish. But it's really nice to have such a comfy shaded area to chill out in.

The bar always has someone drifting thru it who is worth talking to and it's generally slots in well with the average day of clubbing.

The decor is quite nice but the rooms are pretty damn basic (but nice and all you really need). They have aircon and a telly and IKEA furniture (well ours had furniture by the second week anyway - it hadnt been open long :)).

Also, you cant forget the food! Oh wow, every day we ate there because it was so good and even though they would bring it to your shaded seat while you chilled, the presentation and taste were always 1st class (the Chef, Dan caters for some of the top functions on the Island and is a good bloke). They do an buffet breakfast of fresh fruit salad, cereal and hot croissants/pan chocolats which is lovely and just what you need to tempt back that strangely missing appetite in the mornings.

All in all, a nice place but dont expect 5star even though it is pricy. It is however, clean, simple, stylish and trendy with a pretty international crowd.

PaulSub said:
Yeah, went last year and it's a nice place. More from the staff/attitude than anything else.

The location isn't bad - about 20 mins walk to either Evissa or Playa den Bossa/Space (in opposite directions).

The pool is nice, the pool area is great - all nice wooden decking and comfy wooden seats with big cuisions all over. They are a bit short on sun loungers though and the sun goes off early-ish. But it's really nice to have such a comfy shaded area to chill out in.

The bar always has someone drifting thru it who is worth talking to and it's generally slots in well with the average day of clubbing.

The decor is quite nice but the rooms are pretty damn basic (but nice and all you really need). They have aircon and a telly and IKEA furniture (well ours had furniture by the second week anyway - it hadnt been open long :)).

Also, you cant forget the food! Oh wow, every day we ate there because it was so good and even though they would bring it to your shaded seat while you chilled, the presentation and taste were always 1st class (the Chef, Dan caters for some of the top functions on the Island and is a good bloke). They do an buffet breakfast of fresh fruit salad, cereal and hot croissants/pan chocolats which is lovely and just what you need to tempt back that strangely missing appetite in the mornings.

All in all, a nice place but dont expect 5star even though it is pricy. It is however, clean, simple, stylish and trendy with a pretty international crowd.

I stayed there last year and agree 100% with whats written here.

I genuinely couldnt have put it better myself.

And the staff ARE wicked.

They "sorted us out" (and I DONT mean our rooms!!!) when we arrived at 4 ion the morning, BEFORE WE HAD EVEN OUT OUR LUGGAGE DOWN!!!

And I remmber some bloke calle Gonzales (Gonzarlico or something???). TOP MAN. Could do enought for us. Even saw him out a few times and the guys a legend.

Like he said, the rooms are basic, but we didnt spend much time in them. The location is nicely out the way, and not a short nor a long walk from Bora Bora et al.

Excellent stuff.

We're staying there this year.

Quite expensive, but willing to give it a go.

Sick of staying in apartments full of familes in footie shirts and the like.

Prefer being around 'our kind of people'

8) 8) 8)

wfusteve said:
that's for a triple. I think I'm paying around 120 for a double

There's no 3rd person in my room lol :p Just checked booking confirmation e-mail and we paid 150 euros for 2 for seaview room, we booked really early as well so got 10% off. Did you get 120 euros by booking hotel direct??

x-amount said:
They "sorted us out" (and I DONT mean our rooms!!!)

And I remmber some bloke calle Gonzales (Gonzarlico or something???). TOP MAN. Could do enought for us. Even saw him out a few times and the guys a legend.

Yeah Gonzalo was top. Every morning when we'd get in at 7, we's sit and smoke his cigs until the shop next door opened at 8 and have a few Voka Limon's. Very funny bloke, spent all day at Bora Bora getting stoned then all night working in the bar! And he had one of those little moto micro scooters, which he kept crashing because he was stoned, LOL.

And as you say, one quick call to his mate and the deliverables would arrive within a few minutes, LOL. I hope that crazy Argentine is there again this year.

Barbie said:
wfusteve said:
that's for a triple. I think I'm paying around 120 for a double

There's no 3rd person in my room lol :p Just checked booking confirmation e-mail and we paid 150 euros for 2 for seaview room, we booked really early as well so got 10% off. Did you get 120 euros by booking hotel direct??

I paid 120 euros for a double with the 10% discount too, but i dont have a seaview so maybe its an extra 30 euros so you can look at the ocean.. :lol:

A single was around 90 euro. These are both prices for June. Its more in July and August i think.

That's probably it, I like my seaview too much, can't beat getting in from club and sitting and watching the sun come up :D

We're staying there this year for the first time. It's mrs rustywoo's 30th so we are livin it up a bit.
It's deffo an extra 30euro for a sea view.
when I booked (direct) Simone was saying that the rooms have been refurbished for this year. What this means i don't know, whoever goes first can tell us...

Am really looking forward to staying somewhere new. We've stayed on a farm http://www.canmarti.com and in a villa by san josep and, of course, at the disreputable jet appartments.

Brekfast sounds good :D :confused:

Me GF and I are staying there in July...I already booked the rooms for $160 per night. Nice to see the positive comments about the place. Seems like a winner.

Now when you say "sorted you out"...Does that mean what I think it means?

rustywoo said:
We're staying there this year for the first time. It's mrs rustywoo's 30th so we are livin it up a bit.
It's deffo an extra 30euro for a sea view.
when I booked (direct) Simone was saying that the rooms have been refurbished for this year. What this means i don't know, whoever goes first can tell us...

Am really looking forward to staying somewhere new. We've stayed on a farm http://www.canmarti.com and in a villa by san josep and, of course, at the disreputable jet appartments.

Brekfast sounds good :D :confused:

LOL, you'll be checking out as we check in!

We get there on Friday 1st early evening, we could grab a drink?

8)

Back