Hotel discussion thread [2017/2018]

In need of some advise from some fellow seasoned ibizians (if that's not a word then it is now). I've been staying in San an/San an Bay during the season since I first visited the island in 2010. After my annual closing party visit last September with my mate and hitting it way to hard. I have decided as my twenties come to an end then I'm going to start altering my ibiza holidays a tad. I'll be going with the missis next year and was wondering what kind of hotels/towns people would recommend? I want to be close enough to see a great sunset a couple of evenings of the holiday. Will be looking at doing a couple of club nights (likely cream and connect) and would like to be by a decent beach.

something close to cala gracio?
you could even try cala gracio / cala vadella areas, but then you‘re properly away from nightlife

Is there many restaurants and any bars in cala vadella? I'm guessing there is not a disco bus that will take me to amnesia or San an though is there? I'm all for secluded bliss with the odd restaurant and bar but the missis is only 22 so if I take her to Ibiza in season and have us staying in the middle of no where I'll never hear the end of it :lol:

just a few, but no proper bar scene. so I‘d recommend you stay closer to the action then: cala gracio, san an bay, playa d‘en bossa, figueretas

In need of some advise from some fellow seasoned ibizians (if that's not a word then it is now). I've been staying in San an/San an Bay during the season since I first visited the island in 2010. After my annual closing party visit last September with my mate and hitting it way to hard. I have decided as my twenties come to an end then I'm going to start altering my ibiza holidays a tad. I'll be going with the missis next year and was wondering what kind of hotels/towns people would recommend? I want to be close enough to see a great sunset a couple of evenings of the holiday. Will be looking at doing a couple of club nights (likely cream and connect) and would like to be by a decent beach.
You could try Blau Park on the edge of San An. It's above Calo Des Moro beach, on the way towards the area where Stivi mentioned. The view from the balcony is my Avatar.

Like yerself, i'm lookin somewhere different this year. The ones that appeal are a bit pricey tho

I booked there for 2016 something happened that I couldn't go. Turns out I could in the end. Went to rebook and the price was ludicrous cause it was last minute so stayed other end of San an instead. Always thought about staying there. Seeing as it's my 30th next summer I'm thinking of going for two weeks between the 19th of September and the 3rd of October. First 7 days staying around San an Bay for clubbing and then second week staying in the north to chill before home. Anyone ever done anything similar?

There seems to be no long term vision for the island whatsoever - the brains behind these "upmarket" refurbs are in many cases only interested in all inclusive spending within the walls of their ridiculous enclaves whilst the resort around them slowly dies. In an ideal world, the hotels and resorts should work together.

Cala Llonga has a great collaborative initiative which involves local people and businesses where they put on events throughout the summer (and indeed the winter primarily for residents) which encourages tourists to come out of their hotels and engage with the local community and fellow tourists. Markets, movies on the beach, bbqs, restaurant promotions, kids events, live music etc. I think it’s a great idea, but they need more help to promote the events. But perhaps the powers that be at some hotels are reluctant to promote events outside the wall?

The future of the island needs open minds, not closed walls.

La Noria next to Sankeys? I stayed there about 4 years ago for 19 euro a night and still felt overcharged. Though the 2 lasses from Blackpool in the room above appeared to enjoy it #paperthinwalls
i ve check price for my stay along july august
27 days 4560€ :eek: 168€ a day
Ibiza is Always not a good idea along peak season as for opening it's 60€ a day there...

Boycott hotels is the answer as 4560€ will be the budget for summer & closing including all parties/good meals at restaurants & so on :D
4500€ only to sleep? are u kidding? :lol: no way to save for Ibz as average may do :cool: Best deals i know for location is 675€ to 945€ (35€ /day no aircon) around ibz harbor, things not shareable in case im looking for booking there, always full in august, u have to wait a few days or split room with unknown :confused:

ps: One, i like very much as we may sneak with 4 people (we were 2 along the stay) there Apartamentos Avenida - MC Apartamentos Ibiza, price range from 56€ opening(already full) a bargain (weird price was 100€ when we were there opening 14,especially split by 2 or more :lol:) to 258€/day august :eek:

Last edited:
McRackin on Four & Five Star Fever For Ibiza Hotels said:
tony truman (ocean beach) says...

I am very proud to announce that as from this afternoon myself & Gordon Taylor are the proud new owners of The Costa Mar Hotel Ibiza. This is an amazing frontline 45 bedroom hotel in the picturesque area of San Antonio called Calo Des Moro with stunning views of the famous Ibiza sunset from the majority of all the bedrooms.
We will be opening the hotel for the summer season of 2016 at the beginning of June, but the hotel for this season will remain completely how it currently is, a basic Spanish 3* Hotel with no added frills it is what it is, cheap,cheerful,clean and in a stunning location and only a 10 min walk from all the action.
Come October 2016 this year we will totally stripping out the entire existing hotel of all its current design and concept & fixtures and fittings and it will be undergoing a huge modernisation and refurbishment as well as a new hotel name and rebranding for the business.
We are really excited about turning the hotel into a stunning funky, quirky & modern Boutique style Hotel for 2017 and beyond something that will very unique to San Antonio & Ibiza.
found on tripadvisor...

it has been taken over by new owners, with the intention of completely revenevating the property. Next year we plan to re open as The Wiki Woo, a 4 star hotel.

Back