Hotel discussion thread [2017/2018]

On a more serious note, is it worth the stay? I have been there for a drink and it is quite nice, currently looking at marvell club san antonio bay which seems to slip under the radar. That seems just as good but without the roof top pool..it also has a bigger pool

Either that or stay in santa eulalia and go for something different, plenty of time to decide I suppose :cool:
I enjoyed it there. Rooms immaculately clean, spacious and well equipped. Breakfast was lovely too and food and drink at the pool bar reasonably priced.

However, I paid 95 e per night. Not sure I'd pay peak season rates, but would definitely recommend it if you are staying early/late season.

I've booked the Palladium Palmyra in San Antonio for a week next October. Reason for the switch? Once I've had a drink I am simply just too lazy to be bothered catching two or more buses to get around so ended up wasting a fortune on cabs from sol house for nights out. Figured if I am based a short walk from San an bus station I will easily save e200+ on cabs over a week.

I enjoyed it there. Rooms immaculately clean, spacious and well equipped. Breakfast was lovely too and food and drink at the pool bar reasonably priced.

However, I paid 95 e per night. Not sure I'd pay peak season rates, but would definitely recommend it if you are staying early/late season.

I've booked the Palladium Palmyra in San Antonio for a week next October. Reason for the switch? Once I've had a drink I am simply just too lazy to be bothered catching two or more buses to get around so ended up wasting a fortune on cabs from sol house for nights out. Figured if I am based a short walk from San an bus station I will easily save e200+ on cabs over a week.
Yes I did think about that the distance to the action. . The water taxi is a good idea but i'm the same as you once i've had a few i cant be arsed doing alot else. . Especially walking with the mrs in heels :D i will also be looking at october again, great time of year

Great hotel, I was really impressed and will be staying there again next year.

Good to hear. Any parking facilities at the hotel. Think I'll get a car for the week if I have somewhere to park it

I didnt notice any, maybe a few spaces out the front if you're lucky? That part of San an has lots of side streets, so dump the motor down one of them i'd say.

On a more serious note, is it worth the stay? I have been there for a drink and it is quite nice, currently looking at marvell club san antonio bay which seems to slip under the radar. That seems just as good but without the roof top pool..it also has a bigger pool

Either that or stay in santa eulalia and go for something different, plenty of time to decide I suppose :cool:

I really enjoyed it there this year, at end of September. Agree with everything johndiamond said about the floor and drink. Once in the room, nice and quiet and never disturbed with any noise. Apart from breakfast I never ate there though. Great room and view too, with good enough Bluetooth speakers for some tunes in the room. As long as they’re keeping the rooftop area for next year, I wouldn’t expect it to be much different.

I’ve never been back to the same hotel 2 years in a row, but am considering it again for next year. I like the area, but that’s because I’m more bars than clubs these days.

this year the price was massively hiked up for Bahamas, I'm assuming because they've made it adult only they have decided that warrants a higher rate?!
in 2019 it will be even more expensive as it will turn into a 4-star run by the hotel chain fergus from mallorca... fergus style bahamas will be the new name.

now is run by nordotel, who also has an hotel in cala pada (tui magic life)...

the remaining 3-star hotels of palladium hotel group in ibiza are expected to turn into 5-stars in 2019.

Noticed this week that lots of hotels are having building work. Good see that they are constantly improving standards. Playasol seem to be taking over too, they have hotels everywhere.

I'm sad to say, I agree. VIP is ruining the island imho. All these VIP beach clubs for example. I'm being told even CDM is VIP tables now, the bigger the spend the better the table.
Everything Ibiza is not to me, I understand evolution, but it's going too far and it's all attracting a deplorable crowd.

will open in 2018 their fourth hotel called Cubanito and located in Cala Gració
Previously known as El Coto, according to this article:

https://periodicodeibiza.es/pitiusa...xpande-abrira-dos-hoteles-bahia-portmany.html

16864572_10154879472071211_2339441985278903570_n.jpg

Hi,

Looking to book a week May 2018 for a B&B.

After looking around a few websites and a lot of hotels are not yet showing availability or prices for 2018

or

They have ridiculously high prices
(In the past I have seen them reduce prices once they have recovered from the last year).

I normaly book via Booking.com/Teletext/expedia/Airbnb and others

But at the moment it seems slim & expencive pickings.

I had a quick look for July next year and it's all just getting so pricey - looked at one site and Sol House and Grand Sol were both ££££ for next year and with some rooms sold out already (just on this one booking site as I said). I've only glanced and haven't looked into it properly but there's just this little feeling in me at the moment that's wondering if I can be bothered to fork out loads of cash to stay in the bay again. I've stayed in Marina Playa a few years running now (love it) and it was the priciest it's ever been last year and I refuse to pay higher (they had a big refurb so I think that may have been why), but I don't know, I just feel a bit jaded by the whole thing.

Thinking about going for a completely different holiday next year and maybe staying further north, I've only ever stayed in the bay! If anyone has any recommendations for accomodation in the north of the island (or even tips for elswhere, my knowledge of the other side of the island is shamefully limited too) please do send them my way.

I've been to Ibiza for 6 years in a row, hitting 30 next year and the plan is for it to be the last one for a few years, a few friends are coming out as well. But I don't know what it is,I'm just not feeling it like usual.If it was up to me we would be going elsewhere but my partner is pretty keen for Ibiza.

Back