Hotel discussion thread [2017/2018]

Sounds good to me mate will deffo give that ago then. By book in advance do you mean before you actually get there or just the night before you want to go kinda thing?

Last question just curious how quickly beds get taken round the pools can you find a pair at any point thoughtout the day or have you gotta be up and down with towels on early?
I think you have to book it day before you want to go, but we've not actually used them.

The beds go quite quick. We get out late (12-2pm ish) but there are some stacked up you can use on the grass area. In August I expect it's quite hard. I went 3rd week Sept last year and sunbeds where not a problem.

Thinking of going first week in October for closings, on a bit of a budget so was looking at some cheap options in San An Bay but also noticed that Ibiza Rocks is very cheap that week, presumably as they have finished most of their own parties.

My worry is that I could still end up a 30 year old surrounded by 18 year olds who think they're on Ibiza Weekender, anybody any experience of staying there late season?

@rexthedog also 30+ and also considering IR for the same period.

I stayed their last summer for a stag in June. To be honest I didn't feel "aged-out" then, so I don't think October will be a problem in that respect.

But I do have reservations for other reasons. Mainly I did not feel the customer service was up to scratch on my last visit.

We've not committed either way, but at the moment we're erring towards an apartment closer to the sunset strip for similar/cheaper price.

The guests average age definitely increases late season at IR so you will be absolutely fine. It is not a quiet hotel thought - we stayed in the 'quiet section' of the hotel last year and sleep did not happen

Should have put this in here - What is Don Pepe like? Usually stay at Marco Polo or Orosol but a good deal at Don Pepe at the dates I'm looking at.

Yesterday they announced the opening of yet another one in 2018, Paradiso in San Antonio Bay
currently known as blue star, near kumharas.

20770030_10155414858851211_3564603863715290665_n.jpg

Should have put this in here - What is Don Pepe like? Usually stay at Marco Polo or Orosol but a good deal at Don Pepe at the dates I'm looking at.

Stayed here a couple of times. It's pretty basic, but clean & quiet. Could do with general updating. Staff are really friendly. There's no bar, but a supermarket opposite so you can take your own drinks round the pool. My only real complaint is the noise from the school playground outside, so I probably would only stay again in the school hols! It starts about 9.30 until midday every day! Most people only seem to stay a couple of days. Not sure I ever saw the same person twice!

My pink IBIZA towel came from the Don Pepe....Off the cleaners cart

I have since used that IBIZA towel ever since - It is Dunelm quality

It was brand new and looked liked it was left behind and sat on top of the cart in the corridor and it just happened that I had gone to Ibiza without a towel and needed one!

I wasn't staying at the Don Pepe but my mates were and had no issues. The room was decent enough and as they were top floor it had great views. Fridge in the room as well which was a bonus. They are strict on who comes in an out though we only got let in that once to their room. So a pain if you have mates wanting to visit or if you want to bring back sexy kim

Paris Hilton says on today's PdIyF that she wants to open an hotel in Ibiza called Paris Boutique Hotel.

Can anyone tell me if the hotel bahia in Cala gracio up and running again as it had a bad fire the other year. Absolute belter of a hotel, stopped there twice in the past.
Cheers

Is there any regular transport between San An Bay and San An / West End? My mate in his eagerness booked a decent hotel.... didn't check the map and its right round past Ocean Beach.... bit out of my comfort zone with lack of WIPs for 6am balcony beers, and the pizza slice place. Am I worrying over nothing?

Yes. Stock up on beer first day! You wont even notice the difference in distance after a day
Theres the water taxi over the bay too, cant remember the nearest stop to OBC. Theres one at Hotel milord but I think theres one closer too

Back