Hotel discussion thread [2020/2021/2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a long while shut, El Corsario in Dalt Vila has been taken over by La Torre del Canónigo, who refurbished it and renamed it as La Torre del Canónigo Petit Luxury Hotel :!:

58619269_00b7033d46.jpg
303799303_6ce88aa99d.jpg

flickr
This article doesn't mention El Corsario's change of name but it says local chef José Miguel Bonet from Es Ventall in San Antonio will be in charge of their restaurant. The expansion of La Torre del Canónigo also includes the old Casa Puget and a new cocktail bar called La Bendita. Dalt Vila gets po$$$hhh...

This article doesn't mention El Corsario's change of name but it says local chef José Miguel Bonet from Es Ventall in San Antonio will be in charge of their restaurant. The expansion of La Torre del Canónigo also includes the old Casa Puget and a new cocktail bar called La Bendita. Dalt Vila gets po$$$hhh...

La Bendita opened last year, after lockdown 1. Cracking wee spot once we found it :D

Aaah, true. Now I remembered that since not long algo in the same building they also have a parking for their cars and I think an office too.Their expansion is even bigger than what the article says...

116233510_111514487319261_77331003738624290_o.jpg

A new story to tell: GRAND PARADISO
IMG_20210329_133920.jpg
Opening Summer 2022
Grand Paradiso is a project dedicated to audio-visual art in all its forms: cinema, short film, video clips... It’s a universe that pays homage to the seventh art, and its most inspiring representatives (for Concept), provide the names for its three grand suites: Almódovar, David Lynch and Wes Anderson. The other rooms will be named after international audio-visual artists, and there is a cinema where we will show films and documentaries and a gallery where the works of different artists will be exhibited on screens. A place where pastel colours, Art Deco (in its most classic and elegant version) and hedonism converge in the heart of San Antonio bay.
Lobby
First impressions count (a lot), so that's why we have eliminated the typical hotel reception area.
The lobby is the hotel’s meeting point, and we want to make the checkin process a much warmer moment where the guest feels comfortable.
There’s a 70s jukebox and a small table where you can sit down in peace and quiet while sipping on a cocktail. Being formal isn’t our style and we want that first impression to reflect our irreverent personality.

Hall
A striking hall is a hotel’s best calling card. This space will have a sofa in the shape of a snake crossing the room that will, as Madonna said, cause a commotion. An open space that will become the perfect meeting point before watching a film in our cinema or having a drink on the rooftop at sunset.

Galería
In the contemporary art gallery, works by international audio-visual artists will be shown in temporary exhibitions. We want the art interventions held in the hotel to be visual experiences that take our senses to the next level, becoming stimulating memories that you’ll strongly desire to relive.

Restaurante
An elegant restaurant with a bar that can serve both inside the hotel and outside in the swimming pool area. A space where art, gastronomy and music merge into a single concept that sums them up perfectly.

Pool Area
Another of the hotel’s strong points is the pool area, which aims to be the resurgence of the American Dolce Vita. There will be a DJ booth in the shape of a classic Miami beach hut, taking its cue from Paradiso’s booth. The lower part will be set up for the DJ and the upper part will be used for performances. There’ll also be a backstage with a circular sofa with capacity for about 20 people that runs around the booth.

Caduzzi
The hotel’s jaw-dropper, just like the Zero Suite in Paradiso or the chapel in Romeo's, will be a pink Cadillac Eldorado, fitted out as a Jacuzzi, called: THE CADUZZI

Cinema
One of the hotel's biggest highlights is a classic cinema located in its interior (with red velvet seats and small tables with individual lamps) which is the best homage possible to the seventh art. A small temple for cinephiles that will show movies in their original language, documentary seasons… etc

The Top Bar
The hotel's rooftop is the place for enjoying a long drink while watching the sunset. Alongside the bar is the DJ booth and a small stage for performances.

Suites
If you wanna sleep in a superb hotel you don't have to go to the Bellagio in Las Vegas (Ocean's Eleven), the Beverly Wilshire in Los Angeles (Pretty Woman), or the Park Hyatt in Tokyo (Lost in Translation).
GRAND PARADISO’s rooms are perceived as a continuation of PARADISO’s rooms, while being more luxurious and slightly more classical in style. Conceptual details include: a “Frame TV” showing the audio-visual works of the artist whose name is on the room door, a book with content related to the artist, a framed picture with a poster of their work and the classic Marshall speakers and SMEG fridge that are now Concept’s hallmarks.

Grand Suites
The three frontal Grand Suites will have a Jacuzzi as a highlight.
As a novelty, all the room’s lighting will include a disco ball with various moods: Disco, Party, Sexy...the guest will be able to choose according to the moment he/she is in.

Venice Bay Court
For the walkway between Paradiso and Grand Paradiso we are planning a multifunctional space like in Venice Beach, which will be both a place to play sports and a social meeting point.
We will take care of both the sports facilities (open-air gym, a colourful basketball court for pick-up games) and a leisure area with food trucks and a stage for live performances.

There is nothing cooler than a posh hotel room.

At the end of the day, that's what makes the stay worthwhile.

Frugal lodgings serve a practical purpose though too. If one is on a shoestring budget, it may be advantageous (just may...) to gear everything towards the less expensive option.

I can get by on a two-star hovel, but if I have a choice, I think I'd opt for posh - it's just fun.
1617022529241.png

no diving board? :)

There is nothing cooler than a posh hotel room.

At the end of the day, that's what makes the stay worthwhile.

Frugal lodgings serve a practical purpose though too. If one is on a shoestring budget, it may be advantageous (just may...) to gear everything towards the less expensive option.

I can get by on a two-star hovel, but if I have a choice, I think I'd opt for posh - it's just fun.
View attachment 11706

no diving board? :)
Obviously each to their own, but for Ibiza I completely disagree. These swanky hotels, especially these Art-deco jobs springing up, just dont say Balearic to me. Part of the appeal of Ibiza to me is (was?) the complete contrast that existed between much of the island being 'basic', unpretentious, undeveloped and then the massive, hi-tech clubs found no where else. The opposite ends of the spectrum thing added to the mystique. 'Luxury' rooms, gaudy furniture and colour schemes everywhere ruin the impact for me. But such is progress! And of course thats a personal view.

Obviously each to their own, but for Ibiza I completely disagree. These swanky hotels, especially these Art-deco jobs springing up, just dont say Balearic to me. Part of the appeal of Ibiza to me is (was?) the complete contrast that existed between much of the island being 'basic', unpretentious, undeveloped and then the massive, hi-tech clubs found no where else. The opposite ends of the spectrum thing added to the mystique. 'Luxury' rooms, gaudy furniture and colour schemes everywhere ruin the impact for me. But such is progress! And of course thats a personal view.
Amen

Agreed, I'm more of a lover of a simple chilled Balearic styled place over a "theme" hotel, but I can see that there is room for a bit of both with the mix of people who love the island. I generally, a few times a year, rent a basic and VERY Ibizan apartment in Ibiza Town in the port area or in Sa Penya, but grabbed a mega bargain a few days ago for a few days in October at Cubanito. I think it might not feel like my normal Ibiza hols, but if you see me smoking a cigar and drinking rum while doing the salsa along Sunset Strip you'll know it's got to me :D

I've said it before in a previous thread, my room needs are simple: Clean, terracotta tiles, white walls, wooden furniture, fridge, balcony, sea view and a painting of a flamenco dancer on the wall. Again, that's a personal preference. I don't spend enough time at the hotel to justify a big spend or any frills and I'd rather spend it on other holiday pursuits (food, wine, and pedalos) The only time I have delved into that side of things was for our wedding when we decided to spend a few days in Atzaro. Which I loved. The Agroturismo style would be more in line with what I would like if I ever did lose my mind and even have the opportunity to spend big again.

I can understand the aims and marketing strategy involved with these new places, but they are for a completely different traveller and generation than me. For the Concept Group these projects are clearly a passion for the owner, Diego Calvo, who is an architecture, retro design and art deco aficionado. Es Vive has had some interesting art deco features as it has developed over the years, but these hotels are going absolutely all out.

I have no relevant opinion on the matter, but i can tell you that I absolutely want to soak my bits in the CADUZZI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back