Hotel discussion thread [2020/2021/2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hotel Bellamar says...

Nuevo parking fotovoltaico del Hotel Bellamar. Una gran apuesta por la sostenibilidad.

118654719_10159032090286522_69310248629922631_o.jpg
Is that at the back on the bellamar??
My favourite hotel in Ibiza, going by what it says on trip advisor, this is also closed until next year ?

I'm looking at some great deals on hotels for October 20-25.... Flights are a fiver going out €30 coming home.. nearly have finger on the button.. Mrs can't come as she won't wear a mask ? mate will go and he's never been.. he said "I hope none of those Fckn clubs are open"..?

Does anyone know if the Invisa Hotel Es Pla in San An is still open? I have a booking there for October. No information on the website but room availability is zero for the rest of the year. That should tell me something :(

Ive update my post..some bloke having a booking there oct 9,wrote the hotel inform them they close end august
I will always remember that hotel as some new mate making us wait there 2times ,3rd time by 10sec he was out of this hotel ,when car were on way to leave the place...aug2020

various hotels and hostals seem to be open still for those dates. hostal talamanca for example?

Hotel I had booked for October 20th are now closing end of September ☹

I was due out on Sept 20th - had booked the Arenal for 11 nights then the Es Pla until Oct 11th. After already having 2 outward flight cancellations found out off my own bat that both hotels are already closed. Another accommodation possibility fell through so have had to call it a day. Finally now received an official cancellation from the travel company.

The only slight consolation for me is that I’ve since discovered that the buses out of San Antonio to the beaches have all stopped running now (according to the Ibiza bus site anyway). I rely heavily on the bus service, use them every day - particularly the bus to Cala Conta where I tend to spend most my days. Also the San An airport bus has now been reduced to a 2 hourly service.

Already booked a few weeks ago for next June - but who knows what’s going to happen.

Booked Invisa Es Pla from 30th August next year :) Going longer this time so we can explore the island more and helps with the half board at the hotel budgeting wise

playa marina in San An are closing early as I got an email to say there canceling are booking ,worked out ok because are flights were cancelled as well so we're getting full refunds from are flights and are hotels ,still raging were not getting this year thou

About hotels... I had planned on bringing my girlfriend here in town (Ventura County California... give or take) and budgeted it all out in my head and on excel... :) Anyway, it turns out she can't come (she's from another country; we can discuss where and particulars some other way...) but every time I pass the place I wanted to book for her, it gets a little heavy!

We remember these places just like anything else, and there's nothing more special than having the right spot. What's sad is that some of the comfortable aspects come with a price tag that's anything but comfortable...

I think that we should stay any way we want... you know what I mean? Just book whatever works. For me, I have to consider the budget; especially flying to somewhere like Ibiza from California, it's pricey! So if I'm honest, when I book I need to be frugal.

I think it's admirable to stay within one's means, and this year it may not even be practical to go with the economy being what it is, travel restrictions, etc. It's awful... But don't let it slow you down, Spotlight! Ibiza loves you and you know it...

Ok, that's my spiel. That said, I tend to like fancy hotels.

I think that we should stay any way we want... you know what I mean? Just book whatever works. For me, I have to consider the budget; especially flying to somewhere like Ibiza from California, it's pricey!
An interesting perspective - to me (from Europe), California looks so horribly expensive (especially when it comes to nice hotels, bars, clubs and restaurants) that Ibiza looks like a bargain in comparison!

@soulcompromise a bit of topic but is the homeless encampments we see of videos really as bad... All known of skip row but now camp popping up in Malibu and Venice Beach.. you witness much of these

An interesting perspective - to me (from Europe), California looks so horribly expensive (especially when it comes to nice hotels, bars, clubs and restaurants) that Ibiza looks like a bargain in comparison!

Mediterranean in general has much cheaper hotel options than the costal US, or Caribbean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back