Hotel discussion thread [2018/2019/2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Hopefully it's the end of buffets full stop as they can be very unhygienic.

We saw people tasting jam with the serving spoons at one once! :eek:
I saw a someone lick the big spoons at a buffet once the ones beside the pancakes for putting honey and jams on and he licked a pancake that already had something on it put it back down... Now he was a bit special as he had a career with him he kept sneaking away for a sneaky lick ?

This could be a golden opportunity to get out and explore. Public transport should be less crowded as should the roads in general. Stretch your legs and visit San Antonio which has more better quality restaurants than PdB (in my humble opinion!), or visit the North of the island and take in places like Portinatx or San Carlos. You could even take a boat trip to see Es Vedra or visit Formenterra for the day. :)

This could be a golden opportunity to get out and explore. Public transport should be less crowded as should the roads in general. Stretch your legs and visit San Antonio which has more better quality restaurants than PdB (in my humble opinion!), or visit the North of the island and take in places like Portinatx or San Carlos. You could even take a boat trip to see Es Vedra or visit Formenterra for the day. :)
Thanks for the tips! Plan to do all this, my real concern was more whether the hotel would be half-shuttered or crazy busy, as we do want to spend some R&R time there after a fairly stressful few months.

Haha true but don't want to pay a fortune to sit around for an hour waiting for some cold toast when I could be out and about!
Agree, several hotels I have contacted (mainland Spain costa's) are still doing buffets but these are based on individual portions rather than open platters so my advice is contact the hotel first to see what they are doing if thats an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back