Hostels

Still couldn't remember the name from my post above, went into deep research mode.
It is Amistat Island Hostel, Carrer de Santa Rosalia 25, San Antonio. Lots of bunk beds and lockers, not sure if it's for large groups or share with strangers?

Amistat in San An is great and has shared dorms as well as private rooms available. I'm early 30s and I think I just about fit in (he says) with the age range. Depends entirely on your outlook on life as well as your age, of course. I've been doing some hostelling in South Asia the past few months and there's some old boys and even gals on the circuit who seem to love the lifestyle. Personally, I'm very much ready to leave the backpacking life behind and retire into a life of relative luxury.
All good fun though.
Getting back on track, Amistat = great

Checking up on dormitory hostels in San An and Ibiza town. Anyone slept in one? (6 bed shared room) How do they work? First thought was being woken up by other roommates staggering in drunk at 4am and switching on the lights, or waking them up if I need to use my phone alarm to wake up early. Are dormitories primarily used by groups? Going solo. Budget might be tight as I am staying in Ibiza and Magaluf this August.

Yes, thought of that one, isn't it just shared bathrooms with crazy themed private rooms and common space?
It is the crazy one yes....I had my own room and was cheap, good location...room was ok but it get getting humid in there so my supplies got wet which was annoying ha

@Aaron_2014 they work exactly as you fear, and worse. Not the place to stay if you want a solid night's sleep. Better in groups, of course. If only because you probably tolerate your own friends' bad behaviour more than that of strangers.

Been to Hostal Giramundo twice. Good people there, always had a good nights sleep.

It is very close to Figueretas beach.
Small common area but very friendly staff.

Back