Hostels

Planning on going to Ibiza alone due to my mates changing their minds. What are the hostels like can I get a room on my own is it ok to leave personal stuff in it like money jewellery bank cards etc? Or would I be better getting a hotel room thanks.

Planning on going to Ibiza alone due to my mates changing their minds. What are the hostels like can I get a room on my own is it ok to leave personal stuff in it like money jewellery bank cards etc? Or would I be better getting a hotel room thanks.
Hostels are just hotel rooms in Ibiza. I’ve stayed at hostel alicante and hostel roca and they were both fantastic value for money. Going on my own back to hostel roca in a fortnight.

Perfectly safe. There was a safe in each room but I never used it. Rooms were cleaned every day and the staff were very helpful. The name was puzzling at first because in Britain a hostel is like a shared dormitory, but in Ibiza a hostal is really just another word for budget hotel. I stayed at Hostal Alicante, Torres x2, and Adelino x2 all in San Antonio. They were clean and safe. Some have pools, bars, restaurants, and lounges. They all had air conditioning and TVs. They ask for 20 euros at the check-in desk to cover themselves for breakages or lending the TV remote, something like that. The money is returned to each guest when checking out. There is also a small tax fee which all hotels I understand now charge at check-in. Something like 1 extra euro per night, so if you stayed for 7 nights they would ask for around 7 euros at check-in. The best way to meet new friends is around the pool (providing the hostal has one) or at the bar. The staff are also friendly and speak good English. I plan to return next year. This will be my 7th summer in Ibiza. :)

Perfectly safe. There was a safe in each room but I never used it. Rooms were cleaned every day and the staff were very helpful. The name was puzzling at first because in Britain a hostel is like a shared dormitory, but in Ibiza a hostal is really just another word for budget hotel. I stayed at Hostal Alicante, Torres x2, and Adelino x2 all in San Antonio. They were clean and safe. Some have pools, bars, restaurants, and lounges. They all had air conditioning and TVs. They ask for 20 euros at the check-in desk to cover themselves for breakages or lending the TV remote, something like that. The money is returned to each guest when checking out. There is also a small tax fee which all hotels I understand now charge at check-in. Something like 1 extra euro per night, so if you stayed for 7 nights they would ask for around 7 euros at check-in. The best way to meet new friends is around the pool (providing the hostal has one) or at the bar. The staff are also friendly and speak good English. I plan to return next year. This will be my 7th summer in Ibiza. :)
I'm still an Ibiza virgin I couldn't make it out this year but 2019 I will 100 percent be there I think I will be booking a Hostel would love to meet some new people there.

can people name some hostel that didnt allowed guest? :spank:
i got some few days to book from oct 5th & avoid as much as i can those with restrictive policies

i remember ibz summer 18 , the one close to the egg with a name looking like central city, just close to plastik bar, that didnt allow guest even for 10mn when planning to meet a mate , hard to park there too...

bahamas hotel pdb , no guest
llevant hotel pdb ,they allowed guest but they watch after , soulmate was impressed by their policy ,couldnt share living room unless paying 1000€ more :eek: so ibz the spartan way summer 17 :D even it was offered by valuable pricey mate :p
jet they allow guest once u show id..no need now as the beard guy kno im captain sam brnging back wasted mates safe at their room :D
panoramic/luxmar, they allowed guests..
ushuaia hotel, u have to register ur id then u can see mates.

Last edited:
Pepita's (near Salinas beach) is a lovely family 'pension' straight out of the old school. Probably helps if you speak a bit of Spanish and don't expect too many mod cons (which is a large part of the appeal). You will get eaten alive by mozzies and the beds are er basic but Pepita and her family are so welcoming and the location is perfect for that area.

http://www.hostalpepita.com/

I'm making an assumption here, forgive me if I'm wrong. Hostels as you may think of them don't exist in Ibiza; shared dormitories etc.
You have probably seen the words hostel/hostal when looking for a place to stay, these are just regular hotels with maybe less facilities, quite often independent and family owned, usually cheaper than a place called a hotel on the same street.
Actually, there is somewhere in San Antonio that seems popular with young Americans (cue Bowie) that has some elements of a hostel, shared kitchen or something like that? Can't think of the name right now though. I'll get back if I remember.

There's one that is kinda hidden in fig I can Never think of the name but it's pretty good. No bullshit

Back