Hopefully not same place, same faces...

mincing_around

Hi all,

I've been to ibiza for the last 3 years, but have nearly always done the same things. This year wouldn't mind going to a few different nights. But have a few questions. Hope some of the senior guru's can help me.

I am off Next wednesday 6th August for a week.

1.) When is the best day to go to DC10? I assume it is monday afternoon's, what time does it get going/ start to die? Does anyone know who will be on, on Monday 11th August.

2.) Even though i've been to we love a few times can't ever remember getting a wrist band. Do you have to ask for them when you go in?
(I know there are other posts on this but can;'t seem to get a defo answer)

3.) Are the defected nights on a sunday busy, I am considering going there after the terrace if there is not much going on inside.

4.) Has anyone been to the Gallery nights on a tuesday, are they busy?

5.) What are the best other less obvious clubs/bars to go to this year and what days (underground etc). I want to try these places out but don't want to waste a load of cash getting there for them to be empty. Have herd lots of people saying the major clubs (Cream/Space apart) are struggling this year. So where is everyone going?

Thanks for your help.

mincing_around said:
Hi all,

I've been to ibiza for the last 3 years, but have nearly always done the same things. This year wouldn't mind going to a few different nights. But have a few questions. Hope some of the senior guru's can help me.

I am off Next wednesday 6th August for a week.

1.) When is the best day to go to DC10? I assume it is monday afternoon's, what time does it get going/ start to die? Does anyone know who will be on, on Monday 11th August.

DC10 opens 6am Monday morning but terrace doesn't open til 9am, previous year I have got there about 10am and it started to die off about 5, altho once last year Danny T turned up and it was open til 10.45. This year I noticed people were getting there later, about 2pm and it is open til at least 9pm every Monday this year. They never announce listings, the only way you might be able to find out who is playing is to check individual DJ sites and see if anything is listed in their dates.

Just one little hint (but don't quote me on this :p ;) ) Monday 11 is wkend after Radio 1 and so think maybe Tongy or Lottie. Both have made appearances before when Radio 1 has been on island.

2.) Even though i've been to we love a few times can't ever remember getting a wrist band. Do you have to ask for them when you go in?
(I know there are other posts on this but can;'t seem to get a defo answer)

If you go before 10am and get reduced entry you don't get a wristband, if you buy tickets in advance or take flyer and pay on the door after 10am you will get wristband allowing you to go out once, you don't have to ask for one, whoever is on the door will just fasten it on you as you arrive.

3.) Are the defected nights on a sunday busy, I am considering going there after the terrace if there is not much going on inside.

Didn't go but speaking to people who have done it's been pretty quiet, bad planning methinks on part of Defected cos for a lot of people the Space/Defected/DC10 thing is :eek: :p Shame really cos their line-ups are wicked.

Sorry no.

5.) What are the best other less obvious clubs/bars to go to this year and what days (underground etc). I want to try these places out but don't want to waste a load of cash getting there for them to be empty. Have herd lots of people saying the major clubs (Cream/Space apart) are struggling this year. So where is everyone going?

Pin-Up is good on Monday night after DC10 and Weds for Soul Heaven Garlands were there but are doing free pool parties now (like last year). You will pay 20 euros max to get into Pin-Up. Any night is good for Underground but Mr Cs night is Tuesdays. It's free to get in.

Other bars I like are KM5 and Kuhmaras.

Thanks for your help.

Hope that helps :D

Cheers Barbie your a star,

Couple, more

DC 10 - How much is it to get in?
I had guessed the same about tongy being on.

Underground - Where exactly is this?

mincing_around said:
Cheers Barbie your a star,

Couple, more

DC 10 - How much is it to get in?
I had guessed the same about tongy being on.

Underground - Where exactly is this?

Well every year they sneakily put it up, first year it was FREE, then went up to 10 euros, then 15. I think last year we were paying 15 but then paid 20 one week but that was for Danny T, but in June this year they had put it up to 25 euros :rolleyes:

They've put drinks prices up as well, still cheaper than other place but bout 9 euros for vodka lemon this year and 5 euros for water.

Lol @ the detectives thinking bout Tongy :p :lol: ;)

Underground is on main road to San Antonio, very near Privilege.

Feck 25 is alot for a few hours.

AM sure I won't think that at the time tho depending on what sort of state I am in.

I've paid £10 to get in a shitty after hours club after Tangled in Manchester several times before not, and that is only open for 4/5hours and doesn't even serve ale.

Reckon there's a good chance on Mr Tong putting in an appearence.

mincing_around said:
Feck 25 is alot for a few hours.

AM sure I won't think that at the time tho depending on what sort of state I am in.

I've paid £10 to get in a shitty after hours club after Tangled in Manchester several times before not, and that is only open for 4/5hours and doesn't even serve ale.

Reckon there's a good chance on Mr Tong putting in an appearence.

Thing is if you get there at midday til 9pm at the earliest that's still a decent length sesh.

If I was a betting kind of gal I would put money on one or more of the following making an appearance - Tongy (altho I wonder if his contract with Pacha stipulates anything about appearing elsewhere :confused: ), Lottie, Yousef or Jon (fit as ;) ) Carter - all on the island at that time and been known to make appearances at DC10.

I've been to that same after hours club in Manchester before after Sankeys, Elemental isn't it.............seems like such a good idea at 4am in the morning doesn't it :p ;)

Yeah Elemental. Yes, it does. Then you get inside and within 10mins u are regretting it. I was in there once and the DJ just got off and i'm sure someone from the crowd must have got up and had a got. Pots and pans all over the shop!!!

Being a bloke probably not in a position to say this, but just a little worried about your opinion of Jon Carter. A little chubby isn't he??? Cracking Dj though.

You reckomed DC10 then, worth going home from space about 2/3 and then getting back there for about 12/1.

Whats the best thing to do afterwards, won't be going for a big one as Tuesday is my last night so will be having a big one then. Whats Bora bora like after DC10?

mincing_around said:
Yeah Elemental. Yes, it does. Then you get inside and within 10mins u are regretting it. I was in there once and the DJ just got off and i'm sure someone from the crowd must have got up and had a got. Pots and pans all over the shop!!!

Being a bloke probably not in a position to say this, but just a little worried about your opinion of Jon Carter. A little chubby isn't he??? Cracking Dj though.

You reckomed DC10 then, worth going home from space about 2/3 and then getting back there for about 12/1.

Whats the best thing to do afterwards, won't be going for a big one as Tuesday is my last night so will be having a big one then. Whats Bora bora like after DC10?

Jon Carter chubby :twisted: wash your mouth out with soap and water young man :p :lol: ;)

Me personally I love DC10, I've done the going straight thru thing before and been a proper casualty, now I prefer to leave Space when terrace closes, go and have a few glasses of vino in Ancient People to chill, get a few hours kip and then go to DC10 semi-fresh.

Bora Bora is always properly going off after DC10, the other thing is to go to Pin-Up, that's blinding atmosphere on Monday after DC10 and you could just stay til midnight when terrace closes.

Whats on at Pin up on the monday night? I can see this turning into a proper session.

"I'm not going to bed untill I've had an outer body experience" and such behavoiur

mincing_around said:
Whats on at Pin up on the monday night? I can see this turning into a proper session.

"I'm not going to bed untill I've had an outer body experience" and such behavoiur

think its Izit Dance whatever that is but i went on Monday in June and it was packed full with a quality feel good atmosphere. Lovely happy people 'aving it...one of my favorite nights!! :p 8) I only stayed until the terrace shut though and i cant tell you how its been the rest of the summer...

I was at pin up the second week in june for izit dance opening and it was dead about 100 people. it opened at 12 and finished at 4, got in free though and met some cool people.

Danny Howells is playing DC10 when you are there by the way - 11th Aug :D

mincing_around said:
Hi all,

Thanks for your help.

i didnt go to the gallerys night but they were handing out free entry flyers,is that a good or a bad thing

cream was rammed the first night i went (17th july) but the following week it was much emptier

Back