'hookin' by uknown artist TUNE INFO

monkehUK

I was in Ibiza this July and on a visit to Bora Bora I heard this wicked tune and asked the DJ what it was called, he showed me a CDR with the word 'hookin' scrawled on it! I've been looking for this tune since I got back but until last night haven't been able to find any mention of it anywhere, I came across an article describing a night at club Nerve during the Winter Music Conference in Miami earlier this year:

"The night rocked hard with numerous Underwater WMC hits including Tong Senghore’s ‘Whaddup’, Darren’s acid mix of P Diddy, Deluxe’s own ‘Less Talk More Action’, plus a new track entitled ‘Hookin’ by an unknown artist."

I also found another article with mention of this 'hookin' tune being fought over by various labels!!

I know that a few of you have been over on the Island this summer, has anyone here heard of this tune, has it been released under a different name etc, any info would be really appreciated!!

Thanks!

hmm sometimes this sorta thing happens and a song gets retitled. Can u describe the song?

I just found some more info on the underwater site:

"plus a new track entitled hookin by an unknown artist this blew the roof off and WILL be a massive hit there is currently a bidding war (Note: Its NOT Tim Deluxe) "

I'm determined to find this bl**dy tune! :lol:

I know its not cool to bring up old topics but I don't suppose anyone has any new info on this lil beauty?! :cry: :cry: :x

HAHA, I've only gone and found out what this tune is called, nearly 10 months later!!

It's called 'hookin - Im better lookin' by Mat Playford featuring Sam Obernik, the same bird who collaborated with Tim Deluxe on 'It just wont do', the tune has never come out due to record label complications, it made a big splash at WMC 2003 and had big things planned for it...

I'd given up hope on finding out about this puppy and any info on it would have been lost forever if it wasn't for the mighty 'Yousef', who was kind enough to enlighten me! If only all world class DJ's were this generous!

Here endeth my quest!! ;)

ps. Does this make me an official trainspotter? :D

Matt runs Play Music in Leeds, www,play-music.net, if you wanna try and blag a copy

monkehUK said:
HAHA, I've only gone and found out what this tune is called, nearly 10 months later!!

It's called 'hookin - Im better lookin' by Mat Playford featuring Sam Obernik, the same bird who collaborated with Tim Deluxe on 'It just wont do', the tune has never come out due to record label complications, it made a big splash at WMC 2003 and had big things planned for it...

I'd given up hope on finding out about this puppy and any info on it would have been lost forever if it wasn't for the mighty 'Yousef', who was kind enough to enlighten me! If only all world class DJ's were this generous!

Here endeth my quest!! ;)

I dunno about "trainspotter" .. but I bet you're damned relieved to find out what it is/who it's by etc !!!

monkehUK said:

All I can say is it must be a funking good tune, I wanna hear it now :lol: Fair play, must be a HUUUUUGE relief for you

Yep the tune is wicked, doubt it'll ever come out though & its a huge relief, like when you've found something you thought was lost! :oops: :D

Alex, I've already been in touch with Mat for a copy of another tune he made that Lottie played on the R1 weekend, called 'sympathy for me', somehow I think if I were to ask him about 'hookin' he'd just get p1ssed off with me...

monkehUK said:
Yep the tune is wicked, doubt it'll ever come out though & its a huge relief, like when you've found something you thought was lost! :oops: :D

Alex, I've already been in touch with Mat for a copy of another tune he made that Lottie played on the R1 weekend, called 'sympathy for me', somehow I think if I were to ask him about 'hookin' he'd just get p1ssed off with me...

It's worth an ask mate, the worst he'll do is say no :lol:

Maybe I could ask for you and say I'm going to play it out at Turnmills. I might be able to get a CDR. Give me his details if you want

You might as well ask mate.

It's not as if it's overly cheeky, considering it's not going to get released...

Back