Honest replies- Will I find work?

Wilko808

So, I have posted on here for a while and I am looking to the regulars on here to ask if you think I will find work or not. Basically I will be finishing my current job at Easter time so I will be free to move out to Ibiza from mid-April onwards. I am 35 years old and not a stunning model and so I appreciate I am not going to get certain jobs in relation to the club scene/dancer/shot girl :) etc.

I would be willing to do most things but of course bar work and cafe work would be the most obvious. I am learning Spanish at the mo and can speak the basics in French but by no means am I fluent in any language other than English.

So, am I mad assuming that I can fly out with little more than a hope and a dream to start a new life or do you think that anyone can find at least some work to get by?

Thanks in anticipation for your replies.

I really don't see why not.... as long as you've got persistence and a happy smile, I should think you'll be ok.... I have a friend who's coming out here to live permanently from March and, like yourself, she's older than the average Ibiza-bound people, and speaks a little Spanish etc... Just come out and test the water, as I said before, as soon as you get here... if you're at this side of the island a lot of places will be "sprucing up" ready for opening in May so go round them and just keep asking, do they need any help getting the bars/cafes etc ready? Will they need staff once they're open? If not, do they know anyone who will????

We're not all stunning models over here (well I'm not!) and quite a few of us are well into our 30s (and upwards) so, hey ho... give it a shot, otherwise you'll never know and better to have tried than sit there in the UK saying, "If only"!!!

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for your reply. I am thinking of trying it for the season and if I can make a life there then great, if not then I can go to Thailand in November to teach :)

Any other advice from others??

Wilko, I know Sue alerted you to her recruitment day. The Ship also have a similar recruitment thingy. If you are not already a member, join the group Ibiza winter residents on fb, you will find details of the Ship recruitment thing (might have to scroll through a few pages back to find the post) and also lots of other stuff that is useful to know.

Back