Homelands... :-/

Robder

What's that hi fi thingy that's replacing it?

I saw the line up and it looks dreadful...definately not doing that one.

Has anyone got any info or dates for Global Gathering?

Is your HiFi date confirmed down south?

Ours is still up in the air due to the "residents" near the venue up in arms about drug addled youngsters descending on their quiet countryside haven:twisted:

puppylover said:
Is your HiFi date confirmed down south?

Ours is still up in the air due to the "residents" near the venue up in arms about drug addled youngsters descending on their quiet countryside haven:twisted:

Yay it's a 2-dayer (28th and 29th May), I spose it was easy for Hi-Fi to get a licence cos Creamfields and Homelands have been on the Mapperley Bowl site for years and they're used to drug addled youngsters descending on their countryside once a year :lol:

Barbie said:
Yay it's a 2-dayer (28th and 29th May), I spose it was easy for Hi-Fi to get a licence cos Creamfields and Homelands have been on the Mapperley Bowl site for years and they're used to drug addled youngsters descending on their countryside once a year :lol:

hmmmm I see - well unfortunately for us - they have picked one of the nicest country hotels and grounds in the NE to do this event at - It may still come off but I am desisting from booking a room at the hotel just yet in case it all goes horribly wrong....

'twas the same when we were going to host the Love Parade a few year back on the Town Moor (big parkland just outside the town centre) and the Jesmond Residents Society (posh people) clamped down and got in touch with the council saying No No No!!!!! to drugs and alcohol - not on our doorstep!!!

.... not surprisingly - it got canned.....

Wish they would think of these things before they start advertising the bloody events and at least look at the wider picture of potentially upsetting the locals...

Back