Home Made Ice Cannon - ideas?

CU_Tyson

I am wondering if any of you know how I could construct a home made ice cannon? Even ideas on what you think might work would help... How much dry ice? Do they store up the cold air for the clubs or is normal air just blasted through some broken up dry ice? I want to do it this saturday for my Halloween party, so please give ideas quick. Thanks

this is a really crap version, but basically get some ice cubes and use an elastic band to fire them at people.

god that was a poor effort :oops: :lol:

I am not talking about a gun, I'm talking about the crazy cold smoke that gets blasted at people in amnesia... sorry for any confusion

im thinking you'd be best using the fog generator, then finding the biggest subwoofer you can find (check car tube websites) and placing it on the plastic sheet your meant to thump.

if you go ahead with this, it might just be the most disastrous house party on record.

LOLOLOL I don't know how you found that Phil but damn... I am talking about a harmless contraption to shoot cold air at people using a fan and dry ice... How thick should the dry ice layer be to cool the air enough?

mad-scientist.gif

no idea!

perhaps ask http://www.myspace.com/clubamnesia

hmmm, well we will see how dry ice does... the worst that can happen is that it makes everyone pass out due to too much CO2 but i doubt that could happen, I have it all set up now and I am testing it tomorrow (before the party) so I will let you guys know how it works...

CU_Tyson said:
hmmm, well we will see how dry ice does... the worst that can happen is that it makes everyone pass out due to too much CO2 but i doubt that could happen, I have it all set up now and I am testing it tomorrow (before the party) so I will let you guys know how it works...
The ice cannons in Amnesia and other clubs are based on CO2/dry ice.

The one in club Slava in Moscow was initially mounted a bit low... used to be impossible to breath then that thing went off!

Morbyd said:
The one in club Slava in Moscow was initially mounted a bit low... used to be impossible to breath then that thing went off!

LOL, it will be funny to watch people choke I guess... I will post videos from the party when all is said and done

Morbyd said:
The ice cannons in Amnesia and other clubs are based on CO2/dry ice.

I can't speak for Amnesia, but I know that club ICE in Las Vegas (www.icelasvegas.com) uses a Kryogenefex system that uses liquid nitrogen. The effect is identical to the one in Amnesia. From what I understand they have a massive container of the stuff outside of the club with tubing runing to the unit.

I found a diagram of how these things are made once...but I can't find it now! Argh.

Taken from their website:

ATMOSPHERIC SYSTEMS PROVIDED BY: KRYOGENIFEX
Kryogenifex systems - (kry'o-jen'if-ex) n. (used when a club wants to create excitement)

Atmospheric Controls for the Dance Floor
Kryogenifex is a liquid nitrogen special effects company. They create and supply unparalleled to automated atmospheric systems for the premier nightclubs and event venues across the country. Their trademark Kryo, Jets, Bombs, and Kryo Screens produce unrivaled energy and excitement that keep clubs packed week after week.

Sorry grego, but never fear, it is a yearly party (this is the third annual) so if you will be in the states next July it is always on the 3rd Sat.

Back