Hip Hop & R+B Bootlegs.

matt collins

Having read most of the Hip Hop, R+B in Space post...

It struck me to ask this one.

What does everyone feel about House DJ's dropping Bootlegs of R+B and Hip Hop tracks in their sets....

Have done it myself once or twice.... :oops: :oops: But it's always worked, but after reading some of the stuff people have been writing I thought I'd ask it here....

matt collins said:

What does everyone feel about House DJ's dropping Bootlegs of R+B and Hip Hop tracks in their sets....

Have done it myself once or twice.... :oops: :oops: But it's always worked, but after reading some of the stuff people have been writing I thought I'd ask it here....

I love it, not all house DJs can carry it off but if they do it works a treat :D

matt collins said:

Sounded wicked in Krysko's set at So... - mainly live mixing of acapellas into tunes.

I think it works great if its done right. It add a spicey twist to the nights flavour I do dig abit of hip hop if its got that groovy edge it so yep.Im all for it. 8)

It's fine when compared to dropping r&b/hiphop songs.
I actually like the 'crazy in love' bootleg :lol:

I've got quite a pumping booty of Black Eyed Peas - 'Shut up', which can work really well in the right situation.. also Pete Dafeet's 'My Neck' which uses a Missy Elliot accapella is absolute quality.

Woah, I was going to start a similar thread.

Basically, if you mean dropping a down-tempo 100bom track in a house set, then IMO it's a nono.

If you mean a housed up version of a RnB?hip Hop track, then some work really well.

BUT NOT CRAZY IN LOVE. PLEASE NOOOOOO

Anyhoo, if the words dont sound well at, well, plus 36 (which is what must usually happen to fit the vocal to the house beat) then It can sound shoite. Taking the recent full intention mix of the Dip it Low tune, which sounds wicked, but the vocal sounds pony as its forced to squeezed on to the beat.

There are some rap tunes which sound wicked tho, and my original point was going to highlight hte genius of Get This vs Missy Elliot and Timbaland - Cop that Underwear Its a basic bootleg, but it sounds frikkimn wicked. If you see it out, get it!

I've just picked up a wicked little promo - remix of Cassidy feat. R Kelly's Hotel

Lovin it!

Back