Hierbas

mr_sick

As a big fan of Hierbas, I was wondering if there are some places selling homemade hierbas instead of the classical ones that you can see everywhere (Mari Mayans).

Everytime I receive a free homemade chupito I just think it tastes way better... :)

I already bought some at the hippy market of las dallias, but maybe there are some better stores to find a very good one ?

doX9Syr.jpg

Got this for father in law for looking after the dogs

As a big fan of Hierbas, I was wondering if there are some places selling homemade hierbas instead of the classical ones that you can see everywhere (Mari Mayans).

Everytime I receive a free homemade chupito I just think it tastes way better... :)

I already bought some at the hippy market of las dallias, but maybe there are some better stores to find a very good one ?
I tasted a new one made in Santa eulalia,very smooth..........

Got given a few free shots at Rita's last week, having never tried it before. A bit like Ouzo, but without the "cheap shots mixed with paint-thinner at a tacky student night" element to it. Very smooth and complex flavour.

My big issue is I've no idea how to pronounce it. Is it like "yea-bas"? Asked for it a few days later in Rita's and the barman looked at me like I'd just asked for a reach-around. Another barman bottling up the fridges shouted up to tell him what I meant, but as far as I can make out pronounced it the same way I did...

As I ever only drink spirits (no beer or wine) I have tried looots of hierbas, here are the ones I know the name of:

can rich (produced near san an, a bit milder/"diluted" I think than mayans, but really good. You used to get it at ushuaia at the bar, dont know if still the case?)

abuela (sold at las dalias hippie market for instance - mild and sweet)

bar anita (extremely sweet, bit too much for me)

mari mayans: classic and never wrong

We had a bottle left at our table at La Bodega one night. Never had it before. Think it was Miro's or something?

That's the one! Thanks Macky. I enjoyed it. Haven't seen it since nor has anyone offered to leave a bottle of it at my table anywhere else since. :(

happened to me in formentera this year that they left a whole small bottle of their own hierbas on the table, on the house. ever only gotten a chupito for free so I loved that :)

That's the one! Thanks Macky. I enjoyed it. Haven't seen it since nor has anyone offered to leave a bottle of it at my table anywhere else since. :(
happened to me in formentera this year that they left a whole small bottle of their own hierbas on the table, on the house. ever only gotten a chupito for free so I loved that :)
Did this too at El Rebost De Can Prats the other week - Two small glasses and bottle left on table for us. Lady (owners wife???) said it was homemade. Obs we only had a couple of schnifters but excellent quality.

Back