Hierbas

Tried it and all I can say is ,,,, oh my life it's amazing ! Even better I made some more "Anise" and poured a bottle's worth over the original herbs, and they're still giving, it's developing a really intense flavour.

off to 'Dragon's Den' you go!

Ahah yes indeed, a few newcomers in my huge list 😂

I discovered a bottle I didn't know, found it at Las Dalias at a small shop selling only Ibiza products... It was Can Maymo, they are also doing wine. That one was very good actually, but not my favorite...

Then, the homemade Hierbas from Can Den Parra, which was amazing...

But then... I had the honnor to try the @stivi Hierbas based on @McRackin recipe 😁 Absolutely delicious! Of course now reached my top #1 favorite with the homemade one from Can Salinas at #2 😁

If only you could sell it in Belgium 😂

Let's see end of October if I can find any new candidates 😁

Are there any decent hierbas for sale at the airport (after security)? Would like to bring back a bottle this time, but I am too cheap to check in baggage...

Are there any decent hierbas for sale at the airport (after security)? Would like to bring back a bottle this time, but I am too cheap to check in baggage...
If it's decent enough is up to you, there was a good choice last time I looked (end of May)

At the airport there is a small shop selling mostly Ibiza products like Ibizkus wine, sausages, etc etc etc... and they have a few different Hierbas, some very good ones.

Of course in the big shop there is the classical Mari Mayans (all the 3 versions - triangle bottle, the one with herbs inside and the premium one as in the photo from @BalearicSoul )

2023's hierbas already done...

IMG-20230626-203516.jpg

At the airport there is a small shop selling mostly Ibiza products like Ibizkus wine, sausages, etc etc etc... and they have a few different Hierbas, some very good ones.

Of course in the big shop there is the classical Mari Mayans (all the 3 versions - triangle bottle, the one with herbs inside and the premium one as in the photo from @BalearicSoul )
Great little shop this is!

Didn't manage it last year but I've managed to pull it together over the last 3 days ... Hierbas Devonescas 2023 is underway ! 56 species used this year with a few tweaks to the 2021 composition and maybe a couple of late additions if they come into season early. Same 'Mallorcan' method (concentrated 'mother' spirit by infusing in about 35% alcohol off-dry home-made anise base which is then diluted with less potent anise spirit on bottling). It's already smelling divine :twisted: Can't believe I'm still making Hierbas off the 2021 base herbs - they're just recovered in more spirit and the flavour comes through powerfully after a few days (without needing to dilute).

20230919_130124[1] by 103 Alex1, on Flickr

Back