Hi, i'm new here and need some info...

ric

i'm looking at maybe flying over for a 3/5 day break either on last few days of January/first few days of February or end of February/start of March...

i know most things will be closed but i'll be coming across to chill out... i've been looking at the ibizaMTB.com site as i wouldn't mind hiring out a mountain bike and cycling about..

i have a few questions though....

i have been looking at staying at Squash Apartments in Playa den Bossa as it's only 75 Euros for 3 nights... the other place i've seen is Tarba Hostel in San Antonio Bay... i don't drive so how much of the island am i likely to see with just a bike or maybe the occasional taxi for transport?

is Es Vedra within cycling range from Playa den Bossa?

how warm is it at that time of the year? what sort of stuff would be open? at the minute it's just me heading over but even if no-one else will come over i still reckon i'll do it all by myself....

any help would be much appreciated as flights need to be booked within the next 2 days to get them cheap!! :p:)

i have been looking at staying at Squash Apartments in Playa den Bossa as it's only 75 Euros for 3 nights... the other place i've seen is Tarba Hostel in San Antonio Bay
hostal tarba is in san antonio town, not in the bay!! :idea:

if these are your two options (pdb vs san an) i would go for san antonio: plenty of things going on, excellent restaurants near to the hostal (tijuana, es ventall, es rebost de can prats, etc), next to the bus station in case you want to visit ibiza town, etc..... while playa den bossa is a ghost town in winter. also, if you are going to get a bike you might enjoy checking santa ines, in the north of san antonio, with all the almond trees in full bloom (feb)..... thats a nice route ! !

thanks mate.. :)

any idea on how long it would take to get to Es Vedra from San An? :)

on a bike? no idea, never done it myself..... but, in case that helps, its closer to san an than to pdb!! :idea:

does anyone know if ibizaMTB is open all year round?? want to hire out a bike so i've emailed them nearly 2 weeks ago but i haven't got a response.. :cry:

booking this tonight.. 8):)8)

Where did you choose to stay ?
Don't worry about the bike hire,just ask around, someone will help you out.
For what it's worth I would choose San An for these dates also.

Where did you choose to stay ?
Don't worry about the bike hire,just ask around, someone will help you out.
For what it's worth I would choose San An for these dates also.

alright mate.. :)

haven't booked the accommodation yet but i'm almost certainly gonna go for Tarba Hostel ( £90 for 5 days ).. can't say fairer than that!! just hope this ibizaMTB place is open and a bit of sun would be nice as well.. 8):D

does anyone know roughly how much a taxi would cost from the airport to san antonio ( tarba hostel )...? or am i better getting a bus? what's the rough journey time? 8)

does anyone know roughly how much a taxi would cost from the airport to san antonio ( tarba hostel )...? or am i better getting a bus? what's the rough journey time? 8)

am sure someone will correct me but I would say it will be a 20 euro taxi ride and about 15mins away from airport

am sure someone will correct me but I would say it will be a 20 euro taxi ride and about 15mins away from airport

cheers mate.. :)

but i've been checking the buses and it looks like it will be a bus to ibiza town then to san antonio and same back... only a few euro and i'm not in any kind of rush..

gonna have to get back in touch with ibizaMTB about getting a bike as they never replied to my last email... are they even open in the winter?

looks like it will just be me coming over but i'm still really looking forward to it.. 8):D

Back