Help with Taxis

JonnyDp

If there is one thing about the taxis in Ibiza its that there never seem to be any around when you need them.

This year I'll be getting a taxi from the airport to my hotel (with which I see no problem) and then 2 weeks later from my hotel to the airport. How reliable are taxis when you book them? Are they always "5 minutes" away or are they reasonably reliable?

had to get taxis to and from hotel when out in ibiza during june

big queues when you get out of the airport for taxi rank but lots arrive

most hotels will get you a taxi no problems - ours offered

taxi's.
depends when you arrive at the airport eg is there a big club night on with rich pickings. it's feast or famine there.
likewise trying to get back. when you ring for a taxi, the phone is at the rank, they should always tell you "taxi no 25 will be with you in 5 minutes" if they don't give a number it means they're not bothered coming and you're stuck. (like me and cherry b once in san jose) radio cabs will be honest and say none for two hours.
again this is down to our precarious island economy. not enough people in winter and too many in summer.

djb

I never had problems with taxis.... they were always there where I was... you can get taxis on the taxi-places in the cities. And you will find taxis in front of the clubs if you are not leaving too early. Be carefull with which taxi you take, you have them for every city... so if you walk out of a club, and you stay in Ibiza-town, take the taxi of Ibiza-town, and not the one of San Antonio.:) (mostly the driver will let you step out)

i am doing the same thing and getting a taxi from the airport to my apartments and i am thinking cause i arrive there at 19.00 i wont have any probs even if there are big nights and there are not many big nights on sat so should be fine !!!!!

str8 from Canada baby!! said:
Rent a car, or take the bus, taxis just werent worth it... or u can get a serious chauffer hookup like we did. ;)

micheaL

We do tend to take busses to Ibiza Town etc, but my worry is that to get to the airport at the end of my holiday I will have to rely on a taxi turning up at the right time at my hotel - and I know that there aren't enough taxis. I really don't want to be on any bus with all my luggage.

For example - in Nottingham there are loads of taxi companies so I know I could phone for 1 and get it in 5-10 minutes. But in Ibiza demand outstrips supply by a long way, if they don't turn up they will get another fare somewhere else.

from the airport to your hotel- depending on when you arrive there are taxis waiting at the airport.

from your hotel to the airport- have your hotel call in a taxi for you. ;)

just a minute, jdp, as moderator on this board shouldn't normski be sending the spotlight limo to transport you in the style that you should be accustomed to??

djb

DJ Biff said:
just a minute, jdp, as moderator on this board shouldn't normski be sending the spotlight limo to transport you in the style that you should be accustomed to??

djb

That's a clause in my contract I failed to negotiate!

Back