help with cheap supermarcados and car hire - San Antonio Bay ??

garem

Hi folks,
please could any Locals or regulars point us in the direction of cheap supermarkets for our supplies and also cheapest car hire ?. We are staying at Playa Bella apartments first two weeks in Oct so any where within walking distance would be great - Thanks :)

suma is your best bet for shopping.

go out of reception and turn right. keep going straight until you come to the roundabout and turn right. go straight until you come to suma. go in, do your shopping and when you come out turn left. go straight until you come to the roundabout and turn left. keep going and you will see the playa bella reception on your left.

suma is your best bet for shopping.

go out of reception and turn right. keep going straight until you come to the roundabout and turn right. go straight until you come to suma. go in, do your shopping and when you come out turn left. go straight until you come to the roundabout and turn left. keep going and you will see the playa bella reception on your left.
:lol:

car hire prices are very high this year. Last year i picked up a car at the airport using Auriga Crown and they were very good but this year wanted to pick one up in Ibiza Town so went with EuropCar (via Expedia as it was cheaper than EuropCar direct). Ebookers was cheap too and only uses the main companies (Avis, Hertz etc). As a general rule, travelsupermarket are good for airport pickups as are doyouspain but with all of them, read the small print as they like hitting you with extra charges at pick up! Paying for a full tank of petrol is the real killer...it was €70 euros last year for a Ford Focus's tank of petrol! Luckily my gf noticed it was only half full so i ran back to the office, told them and they refunded the full €70 :)

Thanx 1More, we suffered the same (full tank of petrol) scam on Lanza last year but I always read me smallprint so they got an f off tablet and all was good haha.
We have paid for the transfers so I was hoping for a local friendly car hire to pick up a cheap deal in the low season (Oct ? ) Anyone ???:idea:

:lol:

The full tank of petrol thing isn't a "scam". It's just the policy at some places in various parts of the world.
Usually the price isn't far off local market price. Best of all, you return the car on empty.
I suppose it's inconvenient if you don't drive much and don't use a full tank, but since I usually take good advantage of my rental, I've never had a problem with it :confused:

Back