Help with a baby boy name!

MrMambo

Hi all, :p

Need some help deciding on my boy´s name due later in 2010 please. I´m trying to get as much opinion as possible before I make the final choice..I have narrowed it down to the following, which one do you like best - dislike most or what would you choose differently.

Your opinions are much appreciated - it´s not an easy task choosing a name as some of you know!

Sebastian Patrick
Patrick Sebastian
Patrick Luke

Last name Roberts..

Cheers and Happy New Year! :D

Sebastian =

dw_5.jpg

Patrick Luke wins. 8)

Sebastian marks a kid out as a bullied public schooler unless he's the hardest loony on the block.

Agree with that comment.

Patrick is a very Irish name and you seem to be trying to blend it in with a typical English first name.........I dont think it works...... kind of soft meets hard????

But its your child so at the end of the day its your decision.

Make sure the Initials of the name you decide on dont spell out some easy term that school kids can use as teasing material.

The Christian name sounds well with the surname

Patrick Luke for me too

Personally I would stay away from the popular or "commercial" names.

I've always been fond of Drake, Michael (Mike), and Samson (Sam for short of course). But of course you can't forget Andrew (Andy), David (Dave) or even my personaly favorite... CHAD. :D BUT NEVER Chadwick, chadwick means farmer, Chad Means warrior, different heratiage. :) But really Drake and michael have always been my two favorite names (Long before Drako you harry potter fans). Both are strong, and old names.

I prefer Luke Patrick. But definitely these two names, whatever the order.

I like Luke Patrick as well, but Luke Patrick Roberts /Luke Roberts sounds too much like a US televangelist ...

Patrick Luke Roberts- PLR - looks/sounds good, very strong name, no embarrassing initials, and Patrick Roberts stands on its own quite nicely as well.

Thanks for all the responses..So I may just forget I ever came up with the idea Sebastian and move on swiftly. Not just you guys but other family and friends have given it the uncomfortable it´s OK, response - dodged that potential curveball then.

Patrick was my Grandads name (Irish) and me being Irish I think fits the bill nicely. I just have to try and not get into the habit of calling him Paddy which I hate!

So thanks again, and Patrick Luke Roberts it might just be in the end!!!!

Patrick was my Grandads name (Irish) and me being Irish I think fits the bill nicely. I just have to try and not get into the habit of calling him Paddy which I hate!

Have you considered Padraig, the Irish Translation of Patrick. (Pronounced Paw Drig) He will have a trendy namesake with Padraig Harrington, 3 times Major Champion at the age of 39.

Tiger Woods used to call him Paddy, but doubt he will be playing Tiger for a while.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back