HELP!! What tunes would u like to hear???

Nikteazer

right, i have been given a set time at play2, two hours between 3am & 5am. I was thinking about doing an old '99' trance set or perhaps that for the first hour and then bounce things up a bit with hard house for the last hour.

I've never been to ibiza let alone the club so don't have a clue what will go down well.

I am limited to what i take as I am NOT risking checking my vinyl on the plane, what i take will be as hand luggage!!!

There is also a possibility that i will be doing a set at Eden on the Tonic night so have to combine that with the tunes i take.

Please help Guru's......what's gunna raise the roof???!!!! :confused: :D

Nikteazer said:
There is also a possibility that i will be doing a set at Eden on the Tonic night so have to combine that with the tunes i take.

do you have a date for this cos we're in Eden on the 31st July, may see you :p

It will be the 28th August if I get it. :cry: will be with vicky devine, she is sorting it all out for me, she told me it may be quiet in there, and i may not like it, but heh!!!...am i gunna turn down a set at EDEN!!! I think not!! :D

Nikteazer said:
It will be the 28th August if I get it. :cry: will be with vicky devine, she is sorting it all out for me, she told me it may be quiet in there, and i may not like it, but heh!!!...am i gunna turn down a set at EDEN!!! I think not!! :D

well goodluck girl, im sure you'll love it whatever, and I'm sure the clubbers wil love you too ;)

Thankyou. I sincerely hope so!! So anyone got an idea of what sorta tunes i should be thinking of? And '99' stuff...good or bad idea???

Nikteazer said:
Thankyou. I sincerely hope so!! So anyone got an idea of what sorta tunes i should be thinking of? And '99' stuff...good or bad idea???

oh yes sorry, didnt really help with your dilemma did I.

Not really going to be much help now either. Wasnt really clubbing til 2001 so not sure about the '99 stuff.

Can anyone help our Nikki??? ;)

Hi Nik, Time to Burn, Dooms Night, Zombie Nation were all big tunes when i was there in '99 or was it 2000. Maybe give them a go....

cool, and what about '9pm til i come!!!' that was a tune u either loved or hated!!!

I will play comin on strong at some point as it has been a personal dream to play that tune in Ibiza!!

there are so many, been told the classic anthems will go down well, one other question....to take 'the dawn' or not!!!! that tune rides round in my record box wherever i go, but do people still appreciate it??

How about the bouncy cheesy hard house?? or is everyone into funky stuff now??

trouble is where i have my residency over here, the club is now just full of lager drinkers on the pull, i could be playing abba and no-one would probably notice!!! ;)

Hi Nik, between 5 -7 in San An your gonna have a lot of lager boys still around but no matter what the crowd, at that time of the night/morning, Classic Anthems always go down well. If 'The Dawn' rides everywhere with you, this is your big night and it has to be with you. If your looking for one classic to fill the floor my choice would be 'Perfect Motion'. All the clubs on the other side of the island play mostly funky but in San An its Hard all the way. Deffo bring 'Comin on strong' and ATB with you as well. In case of emergency, break out the cheese...

Nikteazer said:
trouble is where i have my residency over here, the club is now just full of lager drinkers on the pull, i could be playing abba and no-one would probably notice!!! ;)

you gotta start somewhere girl, your 2 steps ahead of us lot! ;)

I have been told by a few people that they like it hard in san an, brings a grin to my face!!! I'm just gunna do what i always do and play the stuff that I love best and keep my fingers crossed!!! My ultimate aim is to get out there and enjoy it afterall. :D

I wouldnt play all old stuff though m8, mix it up with some well selected new tunes. I've never been to tonic though so i dunno what is expected of u.

Yeah that was my plan, chuck a few old classics in with newer stuff. All I know about Tonic is vicky's playing and as far as i know Brandon block :eek:

Nikteazer said:

Is that Greg Downey's girl..pal

Back