HELP Please. Need local knowledge

joopydoop

Hiya all

Does anyone know about the Internet / broadband situation on the island?

Does anyone use those mobile broadband sticks ? If so how much are they and can you get them pay as you go ?? And how good are they ??

Alternativly if you have nice accomodation with wifi already there - I'm interested !

Cheers people

Duffy

Does anyone know about the Internet / broadband situation on the island?
Plenty of free wi-fi in and around bars + some hotels

Does anyone use those mobile broadband sticks ? If so how much are they and can you get them pay as you go ?? And how good are they ??
They start at about 50 ish € with 150mb of data inc for PAYG with the dongle, Then you have the choice of buying data or time,
It depends a little where you are and how busy the island is on speed, But a friend of mine sees better than my 1mb ADSL "land-line" 99% of the time, (And you can get up to 7mb dongles now, not sure what speed you would actually get though)

Have a good one
Tim

ps the above refer`s to Vodafone, Movistar seems around the same, I have not used it but do not hear good things about Orange,
http://vodafone.es/particulares/servicios/modem_usb_pack_prepago/

In addition to the wifi option I know a few hotels have pay as you go internet terminals , ideal if you dont want to do anything too heavy , it would save you having to take a laptop etc.

Thanks people.

I hope those dongle thingies are worth it. I'll give one a try as I've never used one before.

I wouldn't want to use Internet cafe's etc as it's all work, that's if I can remeber to. Lol

I noticed Judge Jules tweeted the following last week

RealJudgeJules: At last! Ibiza airport has a wifi network.

any recommended bars/cafes that have free wifi in pdb??

First time i am having to take my laptop to ibiza as I have to check work emails each day, and would rather sit somewhere nice n have a coffee/smoothie whilst I do it that pay for it in my hotel room. Plus... would rather get a coffee and free wifi than pay at the hotel and get nought... :lol:

Back