Help needed- San Francisco, Las Vegas, LA

M

mattlebonk

We're off for a three week tour of California/Nevada/Arizona on Sunday.

I know lots of folks from the USA are Spotlight members, and that there are some seasoned global clubbing travellers. I am looking for advice as to where to go clubbing in these three cities. Are any of these ideas good, and what else is worth doing?

San Francisco- will be there Sunday 14- Thursday 18 September. So far thought of going to The End Up on Sunday for T-Dance/Devotion and 111 Minna on Wednesday for Qool.

Las Vegas- will be there Wednesday 24, Thursday 25, Sunday 28, Monday 29 September. So far planning Ra on Wednesday- Deepsky & Tall Paul supposed to be playing.

Los Angeles- staying Hollywood Wednesday 1 October- Sunday 5 October, but no ideas so far.

When you're in LA, check out Spundae @ Circus in West Hollywood. There is an indoor and outdoor clubbing area. IMHO, it is one of the best club nights in LA !
One of the bigger clubs in SF is 1015 Folsom. They always bring in big DJ's though when I went I only had an okay time. Some of the smaller clubs in SF are more fun.
My friend went to Vegas and recommended going to Tabu in the MGM for some good house music. On Sunday night, she thought Light at the Ballagio was cool and she also liked the Ghost Bar.
Hope this helps! Enjoy your trip!

I have never been to San Francisco, but I have been told it's absolutely fabulous. Apparently it is just wonderful there!
Las Vegas is a blast!
Go to Rum Jungle ( I want to say it's in the Mandalay Bay )
Definintely go to RA in the Luxor...........and other than that you can't go wrong in Vegas. Everything there is awesome.
I've been told really nice things about Arizona as well.
Have a great trip! Enjoy!

Well, you're in luck...the one and only James Zabiela will be in Los Angeles on October 4 @ Spundae. After seeing him @ Space three days ago, I can tell you it's an unmissable event.

Ess-Eff is the BOMB when it comes to clubbing. I would go to 2nd Sunday during the day and head on out to End Up later. I expect it to be awesome weather this coming Sunday and i may be there. 2nd sunday has both outdoor and indoor and i plan to be there - www.2ndsunday.com

Going to qool on wednesday is like going to church! it's a must. starts at 5pm and ends at 10/11pm. Will hv to see where to go next. www.looq.com

In Vegas, don't forget to check out Drai's. Not sure if it's still happening but it used to be THE after hours club.

cheers,
keV

unleashed said:
Ess-Eff is the BOMB when it comes to clubbing. I would go to 2nd Sunday during the day and head on out to End Up later. I expect it to be awesome weather this coming Sunday and i may be there. 2nd sunday has both outdoor and indoor and i plan to be there - www.2ndsunday.com

Going to qool on wednesday is like going to church! it's a must. starts at 5pm and ends at 10/11pm. Will hv to see where to go next. www.looq.com

In Vegas, don't forget to check out Drai's. Not sure if it's still happening but it used to be THE after hours club.

cheers,
keV
Yes it is still going off....
Big D's...........
oh the memories

Timo Maas is at the House of Blues on Sunset Boulevard on thursday Oct. 2nd and then on that Sat nite is the 'Giant' nightclub re-opening party with Paul Oakenfold....unless you are a huge JZ fan i'd say go to Giant....

and Tabu is a pretty cool club in Vegas as mentioned...you might also want to see if Ice has anyone special playing while you are there....

Thanks to everyone for all the great suggestions. Hope to fit some of this stuff in.

Now I understand how helpful Spotlight must be for people who've never been to Ibiza before. There's only so much you can find out from websites, and real people's advice and opinions tell a much better story, and build a more lucid picture.

my cousin lives in san fran - says its fantstic for nightlife and stuff...cant name any where persific though! sorry! :D

Back