Help me to make up my mind!

titus

I'll be in Ibiza from Sat 22 to Sat 29 Aug.
I will bring friends who don't know the island yet and I want them to have the time of their life.
They told me that they wouldn't probably go clubbing more than 3 times (maybe 4).
So which parties should I pick to make sure they will become Ibiza lovers for the rest of their life!
The group is a mix of boys/girls/straight/gay/single/engaged/twenty/thirtysomething people into all kinds of music!!!!

I was thinking about
WLS on Sunday
Cocoon or Swedish Mafia on Monday
La Troya on Wednesday
Pure Pacha (with Justice & Cassius) or Cocoon Classics on Friday

Help me please!

Hey there Titus.
I'll give you my humble, but correct, opinion.

Sunday - Yes. WLS.
Monday - Cocoon.
Friday - I love Cassius but that Cocoon Classics line-up is much too sweet to pass up! Underworld, Sven, Mr C. That's a go.

Yes, I realize that's Cocoon twice but I don't think you've got much choice in the matter. I like the SHM guys when they play anywhere but Pacha. When I've seen any of them there, they just get too cheesy. And Angello won't stay the hell away from the microphone these days, which is really annoying.

As for your mid-week fun, I used to like La Troya at Amnesia so now that they're back there it might be worth a try. Only no Oliver or Baby Marcello so it's a different animal.

Dubfire and Chris Liebing at Space on Thursday might be another choice. Or Supermartxe on Friday... that party is getting good reviews.

If there is one thing I know about this board it is that EVERYONE will tell you to go to Cocoon not SHM! I still think i may go to SHM though...never been to Pacha and can't get in to techno!

i am a bit torn. i do quite like shm and it would be the closing party but its getting terrible reviews. I also love LOVE amnesia but if i don't go to SHM, the other option is saturday at Pacha and i just cant face paying money to see ShapeShifters whereas i could do Amnesia on the Saturday. what ibiza needs to do is stop having so many nights and good clubs and then i wouldnt have such problems.

If there is one thing I know about this board it is that EVERYONE will tell you to go to Cocoon not SHM! I still think i may go to SHM though...never been to Pacha and can't get in to techno!

Bang on...every person here worships Cocoon...Must say that personally i had a good night my first time in Cocoon but the amount of posing Italians in there who think they're something special is untrue.

A lot of people seem to worry that its uncool to like SHM I've noticed.. I am not the greatest fan of electro house myself but what I will say is it's not uncool to want to go to SHM or any other electro house night for that matter (even David Guetta's night :eek:) ... what is uncool is pretending to love techno and going to Cocoon just to F***** circle Amnesia all night like a lot of the people there do because they can't really get into the music (because they don't really like it)

I'd say if you love electro house as much as techno then go to SHM because you'll be able to dance. I'm only going to cocoon because last time it was very difficult to dance because the above plebs were circling the joint all night, but as I love the music there I'm giving it another chance but if I can't dance this time then I'm going elsewhere next year.. To me part of loving music is dancing so whats the point if I can't do that :D

titus my friend, long time... :)

If i were you i'd go to these parties:
WLS on Sunday
Swedish Mafia on Monday
La Troya on Wednesday
Cocoon Classics on Friday

Have a great time in Ibiza, at least as much as we did back in 2005's closings... keep the vibe alive brotha!
8)

250905051005ibiza111.jpg

sorry for the nostalgia attack! ;)

When i went to Ibiza, one of the things that i liked most was the complete party atmosphere, and what that meant to me was that it was more about atmosphere and having a good time than the actual music. Yes, i want to hear good music when i'm out but the best night i went to last year was People From Ibiza which played a lot of fairly commercial electro house. It wasn't amazing music but it was so fun and there was such a unique atmosphere and thats what i like about ibiza but people seriously get slated for admitting to want to go to certain nights on here!

A lot of people seem to worry that its uncool to like SHM I've noticed.. I am not the greatest fan of electro house myself but what I will say is it's not uncool to want to go to SHM or any other electro house night for that matter (even David Guetta's night :eek:) ... what is uncool is pretending to love techno and going to Cocoon just to F***** circle Amnesia all night like a lot of the people there do because they can't really get into the music (because they don't really like it)
It has nothing to do with being "cool". Cocoon is just a good quality party. Good music, great venue, a lot of fun. I don't pay much attention to what other people there are doing so if some people are circling around all night than good for them. I'm there to dance.

I wouldn't call SHM "electro house". I think you're mixing them up with Tuesday's Flamingo Nights (Fedde le Grand, et.al.). SHM are just straight-up house. My problem with them is that, specifically when they play Pacha, they play to the lowest common house music denominator. Same with Guetta.

I love good house music. Just as much as I like techno. But I hate cheese.

And I reiterate, it has nothing to do with being "cool" or not. It's a matter of taste and quality. That said, some people on some days prefer fast food over a gourmet meal.

Yes, i want to hear good music when i'm out but the best night i went to last year was People From Ibiza which played a lot of fairly commercial electro house. It wasn't amazing music but it was so fun and there was such a unique atmosphere and thats what i like about ibiza but people seriously get slated for admitting to want to go to certain nights on here!
I was at People from Ibiza one night last year and had a great time. They actually have a couple of very good resident DJs. Not internationally famous, but very solid. They played quality house music (not electro!). Great atmosphere, great venue. Very good party. Nothing wrong with saying you enjoyed that night at all.

Back