help help help

Emma

Ok, at the risk of coming across as a right div - I need your help. *swallows pride*

I know very little about dance music (I infact love hip hop as previously stated) apart from 'commercial' stuff - Basement Jaxx, Chemical Bros etc etc. I have had a look at the Party Calandar and I don't recognise many of the DJ's :oops:

I'm flying out next Monday (woohooo!!) and I'm staying for a fortnight.

Bearing in mind I'm not a fan of trance or anything to hard - I guess I'm looking for funky, singalong, cheesy fun.

Any pointers at good nights? How about: Global Room - Retro :?:
Paul Taylor

Flamingo Nights / Retro
Fedde Le Grand
Tocadisco
Chus & Ceballos
Ida Corr (Live)

Ok, at the risk of coming across as a right div - I need your help. *swallows pride*

I know very little about dance music (I infact love hip hop as previously stated) apart from 'commercial' stuff - Basement Jaxx, Chemical Bros etc etc. I have had a look at the Party Calandar and I don't recognise many of the DJ's :oops:

I'm flying out next Monday (woohooo!!) and I'm staying for a fortnight.

Bearing in mind I'm not a fan of trance or anything to hard - I guess I'm looking for funky, singalong, cheesy fun.

Any pointers at good nights? How about: Global Room - Retro :?:
Paul Taylor

Flamingo Nights / Retro
Fedde Le Grand
Tocadisco
Chus & Ceballos
Ida Corr (Live)

Retro does exactly what it says on the tin - classics all night

Fedde Le Grand might give you the stuff you are looking for
Maybe Tocadisco too

Chus & Ceballos were a bit more underground but haven't heard their stuff for ages

thanks for the tips guys - keep em coming, I've got a fortnight to plan. :lol:

One thing though, when it says 'Fedde Le Grand' will it be that genre because I went to see Basement Jaxx do a set last year and it was like an illegal rave - everyone trancing about, I was gutted.

Hi Emma,

I'm no expert, so please don't take anything I say as gospel - just my clumsy attempt to help.

What I noticed was that everyone played way harder/darker stuff than I expected. So, when we saw Tongy and Prydz at Eden we were quite surprised that it was entirely different to what Tongy plays on the radio and, in Prydz case, much darker and faster then even his own Pryda stuff.

So my first tip would be to expect darker/harder/faster than what they release as tracks or do on the radio.

If you want cheese, I believe Es Paradis is pretty lightweight. Also Espuma/Foam party at Amnesia is pretty mainstream stuff. Or even El Divino - although I think that's meant to be quite posey.

As far as I know, there's not a lot of urban, d n' b or hip hop going on. As I'm sure you're aware, you're probably coming to the wrong island for that.

Hopefully some of the expats can point you in the direction of the more lightweight and/or urban music. It might be useful for the rest of us as well, to know that kind of thing.

LttP

Fedde does't play the commercial type of stuff that he releases in the charts... he plays kind of house/techy stuff.

My suggestion would be to check out nights like fedde's, defected, release yourself and just get taken away by the atmosphere.

You can't go wrong at Pacha for me from FMIF, global room - retro, Defected, Pure pacha etc!!

Other Alternatives.

Boho - Miss Moneypennys in San An.
Amnesia - Release yourself or Cream
Space - Hed Kandi
Priv - Tiesto or Supermatxe
Eden - garlands is always a fun funky house night.

Enjoy!

You can't go wrong at Pacha for me from FMIF, global room - retro, Defected, Pure pacha etc!!

Other Alternatives.

Boho - Miss Moneypennys in San An.
Amnesia - Release yourself or Cream
Space - Hed Kandi
Priv - Tiesto or Supermatxe
Eden - garlands is always a fun funky house night.

Enjoy!

This guy is taking the pizz trying to send you to a Tiesto night lol I mean any glamourpuss who loves standing around to funky house all night (especially one who described a basement Jaxx gig as a tripped out trance fest) is really not gonna love the Tiesto vibe lol (which is poop anyway)

there is twice as nice in eden i think that will have some hip hop, hed kandi at space, fierce angel at el divino, FMIF pacha, supermartxe privilege, garlands eden and i would guess the water parties at eden are fairly mainstream

Go to David Guetta for a cheesefest, you'll love it. And I believe Kelly Rowland is doing a PA while you are there !! So you can wave your arms about while dancing to the uk's new number 1 8) Doesnt get any cheesier :lol:

Go to David Guetta for a cheesefest, you'll love it. And I believe Kelly Rowland is doing a PA while you are there !! So you can wave your arms about while dancing to the uk's new number 1 8) Doesnt get any cheesier :lol:

Like one of them special cheesey pizzas with more hidden cheese in the crust !

*hangs head in shame* I might be going on the 2nd july (dont tell anyone) :oops:

Back