Hedkandi nu disco

spacemonkey

Haven't bought any new Hed Kandi stuff for at least 2-3 years or so but got this on recommendation of a friend and I quite like some of it :eek: (although the vocoded version of "Teardrops" end of side 1 is still awful.....)

Can anyone recommend anything similar but with less cheese

dunno if you like crazy p, but I think they are ace and as close to hed kandi-style vocal house as I ever get nowadays - they recently had an album out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12RVP2ks4v0

happened to see crazy penis do a small set at cafe coastline back in 2001 :eek:, very good it was too and they have since been producing music of good quality.

re the nu disco thing, my paj mr james baillie was lamenting this release the other week, think he had issues with the whole hed kandi sell out thing!

happened to see crazy penis do a small set at cafe coastline back in 2001 :eek:, very good it was too and they have since been producing music of good quality.

re the nu disco thing, my paj mr james baillie was lamenting this release the other week, think he had issues with the whole hed kandi sell out thing!

this comp ruffled a few feathers in the disco/balearic scene when it came out - generally perceived as a massive case of bandwagon-jumping, although, as space monkey points out, there are one or two decent tracks on there.

is james baillie a promoter? I've heard that name before somewhere

this comp ruffled a few feathers in the disco/balearic scene when it came out - generally perceived as a massive case of bandwagon-jumping, although, as space monkey points out, there are one or two decent tracks on there.

is james baillie a promoter? I've heard that name before somewhere

Yeah, big Nottingham face. Responsible for your new love Cable too.

ah that would explain it! was racking my brains

heading there tonight for the launch - thoughts to follow

if you see a 40 something camp scottish fellah, staggering about muttering incoherently, thats him!! ;)

buckers.. ;):lol:

btw: did you know the "other" some may say the "real" buckley is celebrating his birthday today?? ;)

if you see a 40 something camp scottish fellah, staggering about muttering incoherently, thats him!! ;)

buckers.. ;):lol:

btw: did you know the "other" some may say the "real" buckley is celebrating his birthday today?? ;)

:lol:

Why the other chap celebrating my birthday so early - it's not until July?:p

Back