HedKandi@ElDivino - Sat 26 July

C

CardiffLad

Got back on Sunday from the most amazing 7 days of my life!! First time in Ibiza and I'm in love with the place, can't wait to go back again and again and again!! Anyway the highlight of so many magical nights was my last night there which was HedKandi@ElDivino last Saturday - what a night!! Met up with a fabulous group of clubbers and partied the night away to some of the best funky house I have ever heard! If anyone was there can they remind me of who played the last 3 hours - was it Matt Collins or someone else? He was having the time of his life and you could see he really didn't want to stop at 7am, he was as gutted as the rest of us! Fantastic set, fantastic club, fantastic people, best night of my life. To Helen, Caroline, Nick and Amy, it was great meeting you all and I can't wait to recreate the Ibiza spirit back home! Creamfields here we come!

PS. Everyone on here, it's my first day back in work and I'm having serious post-Ibiza blues today, if anyone else has just got back and wants to relive Ibiza with me please get in touch! ccfc2001@hotmail.com is my e-mail address.

All the best, CardiffLad x

Cheers for that review mate i cant wait to do hed kandi in ibiza?? there couldnt be a better place for it the el divino!
you should check it out in newcastle if your ever up this way it aint quite as hot as ibiza but the atmosphere is still there. :p

gopher said:
It was Matt Collins and StoneBridge !

Cheers, thought so. Have never seen a DJ enjoy their work so much as they did on Saturday night, made everyone else enjoy it all the more too. Standing ovation at the end richly deserved. Hed Kandi, what a night!

PS. If anybody saw a group of clubbers sitting outside a cafe at the bottom of the west end (urrgh) slamming tequilas at 8.30am, that was us chilling out from said night :confused: . We contemplated Space for a brief while but the majority wanted sleep! Next time we're going straight through!

Ibiza - I love you!

CardiffLad

Just got back as well

It was Matt Collins at the end, the bloke just gets right into it.

Were you there at the end when he dropped Elton John as the sun came into the club and the lights came on ?

Re: Just got back as well

ME said:
It was Matt Collins at the end, the bloke just gets right into it.

Were you there at the end when he dropped Elton John as the sun came into the club and the lights came on ?

Oh yeah!! It muddled us for a split second cos we were in funky mode but then I think he put a bit of a beat on it and we were happy again! What song was it anyway?

Matt Collins was awesome, I gave him the thumbs up at one point and when he came over to shake my hand you could just see how happy and into it he was, he seemed to get a real kick out of making everyone feel so good.

El Divino well stylish club too, and I just loved the intimacy of the dancefloor, we were dancing right next to the DJ booth for the last hour and were in heaven by the end.

PS. Did you see the bouncer/owner/whoever come over to MC at the end and tell him he had to stop? I thought for a moment MC was going to persuade him to let him carry on, if he had his way I think we'd have gone on till about 10am!!

CardiffLad

ruth said:
Which club is Hed Kandi in Newcastle??

its on at a bar called stereo on the quayside every sunday and always has a night @ foundation every bank holiday..worth checking out

Errr, yes it was me... Probably would of carried on playing for a bit, although I can´t take all the glory. It was me and stonebridge for most of the night and the other ressie mr wilkins had a go for half an hour or so. I´m just glad you enjoyed it so much. and yes, Elton John is a cracking tune and just great for the end of the night.... That´s why I played it. Glad you had a giggle I know I did...... (Just gotta do it all again this week).... :D

Cheers mate, you made my holiday with that set. The night will live long in the memory. 2 questions for you or anyone else:

1) Where can I go to nights like that in the UK? I know there are monthly HedKandi nights at Pacha in London, where can I find the best of the rest with the same sort of music/atmosphere?

2) When is the awesome "Put Em High" being released in the UK?

"Catch a star, if you can wish for something special..." :D

Cheers

CardiffLad

hey party ppl...i was there too but we left at about 5.30 cos me mate was mashed!! beautiful setting for a night club at el divino!! the views r stunning

was there that night too, had a wicked time, and yes he did enjoy himself ay. Met his brother that night also, he seems a great guy. Hed Kandi...you cant go wrong! ;)

just remembered he played Angie Stone in his set, first time I've ever heard it in a club, my all time fave tune, it bought a tear to me eye! Nice One! :D

yeah pretty much what everyone else said we do pacha london once a month and all over the country at various other places not anywhere in wales at the mo but that may all change. as for put em high it´s a great tune as far as I know only available on promo at the minute. But it is on this year´s free summer sampler which we´re giving away to as many people as we can in the night. Please tell me you got your hands on a copy......

matt collins said:
yeah pretty much what everyone else said we do pacha london once a month and all over the country at various other places not anywhere in wales at the mo but that may all change. as for put em high it´s a great tune as far as I know only available on promo at the minute. But it is on this year´s free summer sampler which we´re giving away to as many people as we can in the night. Please tell me you got your hands on a copy......

Cheers for the info guys, been playing HK cds since I got back in an effort to relive that Saturday night.....sounds like a monthly trip to London is in order.....by the way Wales (and especially Cardiff) is ripe for quality nights such as HK, sort something out we're starved down here! Matt don't you worry mate I got the CD when I bought my ticket for El Divino (only €31 and a free CD, God bless the Viper club!), was overjoyed to see Put Em High on there! Wicked CD all round but that track is a class apart.

By the way, I'll be back out in September to hit the closing parties so I may see you all from 17-24 Sept, and I've definitely got a date with HedKandi on Sat 20 Sept!

Cheers

CardiffLad

I was there that night too, StoneBridge and Matt rocked the party. That cd is tooooo cool for words.

It certainly seems the general consensus that the Hed boys are one of the BIG hits of the summer. Hooray.

a quick word to the wise, at the mo our closing party is scheduled for the 13th, we may be doing one more on the 20th but as far as I´m aware it´s still the 13th. Keep an eye on the kandi website for more details as they filter thru.

Back