Hed Kandi tonight at Pacha London

Yep

Get there early, been told all pre-sale tickets have gone and all vip tables have been sold and there's a waiting list on cancellations.

Its going to be busy

I was really looking forward to this night - I'd never been to a Hed Kandi night (or indeed Pacha London) before and by all accounts I was in for a treat. Got down there with my mate at 10pm and there was already a large queue of well over 150 people. The queue moved at a snail's pace and increased in size all the time. We didn't reach the front of the queue until 11pm :twisted: and by this time the queue stretched right down to the end of the street. Why on earth can't they get 150 people into the club in the space of an hour!!. So we get to the front of the queue and with one dismissive look were told that we were dressed too casual for the night :twisted: :twisted: I was wearing what I consider to be smart clubber gear, diesel head to toe, but sorry, no entrance. I was gutted and bloody annoyed. A group ahead of us had one guy in faded jeans and an old t-shirt but they let him in because he was in a group with a number of girls. It seemed that they were using any excuse to refuse groups or pairs of guys. To be honest, if I can't get into a club wearing my favourite clubbing gear then I'm not interested. I expect that sort of small-mindedness in Cambridge but thought London had more sense. If this was their door policy, why couldn't someone walk down the queue and tell people that they wouldn't get in instead of lettting people queue for hours to be dismissed at the door. We went to Renaissance at the Cross instead and had a cracking night.

Oh no, what a nightmare. Pacha London can be a bit like that sometimes, they had Erick playing there last year and they were turning people away cos they weren't in couples wtf is all that about :rolleyes:

Sorry you didn't get in.

Door policy's are always a bit of a bugger especially when it's a busy night.

Sorry to rub it in but you missed a wicked night, I had a really good time and the girl to guy ratio was pretty good in there.

went to the last one and found the door staff very very sniffy. got in very quickly though (got there about 11)

It's been a long time since London had door whores in a big way but it seems like they are on the way back. Very very sad.

To be fair the theme for Hed Kandi was Beachware/Bikinis/glam/70's disco and they do advise people to make an effort.........bit harsh though, they should have door whores walking the queue to tell you if you wouldnt get in. Lol, i remember when moneypennys used to do that and they'd turn dozens of people away!

im gonna have a little say

i went about a month ago and found the "big" room really arsey

the smaller one upstairs was much better, but an absolute sweatbox...i think hed kandi try to believe their own hype.

ive never been to the ibiza one but heard its similar

tilly said:
ive never been to the ibiza one but heard its similar

No its not. Its totally unpretentious and very friendly in ibiza. Best night on the island this year!

oh really?

well thats good cos i love the music they produce, and i DO favour a bit of glamour but ive been told it was anal in there

maybe they meant something else ;)

Was planning on checking out the Hed Kandi night at Pacha London in October... however, I have had far too many people tell me it is full of pretentious wanks. I love glamour too but not at the expense of a friendly crowd... Anyone suggest other good house nights in London? (dates don't matter - I will likely be living/working in Dublin very soon -- and spending A LOT of weekends in London). Kinky Malinki?

djcherni said:
Was planning on checking out the Hed Kandi night at Pacha London in October... however, I have had far too many people tell me it is full of pretentious *beep*s. I love glamour too but not at the expense of a friendly crowd... Anyone suggest other good house nights in London? (dates don't matter - I will likely be living/working in Dublin very soon -- and spending A LOT of weekends in London). Kinky Malinki?

Metrogroove and City Loud@Turnmills, any Saturday night at Ministry now cos it's quality house music every week now, The End on certain weeks, The Cross on certain weeks, Kinky Malinki, Dusted and Hed Kandi are all good at Pacha. There's lots more, but lost of my brain cells at the mo so having trouble remembering.

Basically most wkends in London there is at least 3 things that I always want to go to, we are spoilt for choice :D

Thanks so much for the help.

The choice you have in London is something I am really looking forward to… Toronto clubbing is amazing (never met such good looking/friendly people anywhere… multiculturalism is also amazing)… but the community is small and choice of venues/ nights is very limited.

I will be on a full ex-pat compensation package if I return to Dublin so I will have the budget to go away most every weekend – every weekend that my brain can handle the abuse that is.

Had a good time on Saturday BUT, didn't feel it was anything like Ibiza (Not that I expected it to be on the same scale). The clubbing is so different in London compared to there. People tend to be more up themselves in London, checking what you wear etc etc. Such a shame. Its probably cos I had sucha good time in Ibiza this year at various different club nights.

Back