Hed Kandi @ El Divino

Mitsumadness

so our holiday plan was mapped out pretty good then one of the lads starts saying that hed kandi will be kak :!: He says that their sound is far too funky and vocal and barely house music i know hes off on this but seeing as i dont have a hed kandi cd what would any of you lot compare the el divino night to :?:

Hed Kandi is mostly vocal/disco house, but with classics as well usually.

Lol, the guy who runs hed kandi and one of theri djs use this board,send a PM to "hedofkandi" and he'll probably answer your question better than any of us!!!

i went to the hed kandi opening party and it was one of the best nights i had.
the music was really funky, with sax, vocals and great djs.
i would really encourage u to go if u like good funky house music, its the sort of music i hoped to hear in ibiza as it was my first visit to the island

good music, good vibe, good times.

think i have all but 4 of the hed kandi cds, it will most likely be like the disco kandi and twisted disco ie really funky and vocal house, but it will be house

they have a radio show on jazzfm every saturday night and the second hour last week was "ibiza hour" prob do the same sort of thing this weekend so tune in

Grumbledook said:
jazzfm every saturday night and the second hour last week was "ibiza hour" prob do the same sort of thing this weekend so tune in

what frequency, what time and is this avaliable in the uk?

you not heard of jazzfm :/

well there are various ways to listen to it

there is the radio but i am not in signal range to get jazzfm so i don't know the frequency

you can watch it on freeview/cable/satallite if you know the channel number

or you can do like i do and listen to the online stream using media player

www.jazzfm.com
www.hedkandi.com

check the sites for more details, with regards to the online stream dunno why but the london stream doens't work sometimes so just tune into the northern stream

I went to the 2nd and 3rd nights out in ibiza and thought they were both great. The 2nd night paul wilkins was absolutely class!! I would definately say that it was my highlight of ibiza, but would suggest perhaps moving to a better venue. El Divino is not my fave club, now hed kandi @pacha. I'm wetting myself over the idea already.
Hed kandi were also playing@ savannah on friday nights and I got to chat to both mark doyle and paul wilkins by the booth. Me and my missus had just been to Kasbah for a meal, and when we got back all my pals had signed 'ibiza mix' promo cd's from mark doyle. I've made it a rule never to approach a dj, because 90 percent of the time you will look back on the event feeling like a dick. But I went over and must say that both blokes were dead nice. Got to chat to both of them for over 20 mins, mainly talking about tunes out at the mo, and also discussing the new hed kandi clothing range.
Don't listen to anyone else, Hed Kandi nights (wherever they hold them) are great fun. I'm even thinking about saving up and going back for a weekend and staying with them as es vive. :lol:

heh cool i was gonna get myself some hed kandi t-shirts printed up with the album covers on

if they are bringing them out anyway i shall save myself the effort

Twisted ankle

Been checking all your posts about our Divino nights. Last sat was supposed to be my first night to play at Divino, but I twisted my ankle and the doctor told me to skip all my bookings :-(
So a big sorry to all my Dutch friends i couldn't play, but I'm sure Andy, Paul, Matt and Rob rocked the place!

œI would definately say that it was my highlight of ibiza, but would suggest perhaps moving to a better venue. El Divino is not my fave clubœ

i thought el divino was a great club, a lot smaller than i expected but the atmosphere was great, i thought the smaller size added to the night and then uve got the terrace with a great view of ibiza town.

I went to Hed Kandi @ El Divino on the 5th of July. It was wicked. The music was cool, most of the the people were cool (I did encounter some attitude), the atmosphere was great and the setting something else.

I would definitely go.

The music is Dicso and Funky house.

Marts said:
im still havin trouble quoting by the way, so if any1 could enlighten me id be grateful.

Just click on the quote button above and on the right hand side of the quote that you want to use then type under it.

Re: Twisted ankle

Mike van Loon said:
Been checking all your posts about our Divino nights. Last sat was supposed to be my first night to play at Divino, but I twisted my ankle and the doctor told me to skip all my bookings :-(
So a big sorry to all my Dutch friends i couldn't play, but I'm sure Andy, Paul, Matt and Rob rocked the place!

Hey Mike,

ik was erbij op de openingsavond van Hed Kandi; super!!! Wat een sfeer en wat een muziek....dat was nog eens een goed begin van een geweldige vakantie 8)

alleen al om The Bucketheads te horen was het de moeite waard.

Re: Twisted ankle

Mike van Loon said:

Damned .. Mike Van Loon is on the board .. mike room people ... I came all teh way from Belgium for a hed Kandi party in Rotterdam (Las Palmas) and it still is teh best party i went to this year (even did a bit tim deluxe and so on) ... that noight was sooooooooooooooooooooooo amazing ... i definately will come to el divino at saturday .. hed kandi throws great partys .. thrust me people

Back