Has anyone stayed in Hotel Es Vive?

I am going there next year.

People take the view that it is full of wannabee's etc. Well yes it may be but everyone can not be someone! ...i've researched the 5* hotels & they are a bit to much £.

Es Vive looks a top place to have a base to party from, it appears a good bit smater than the usual hotels & is not outrageously expensive.

... Es Vive looks a top place to have a base to party from,
it appears a good bit smater than the usual hotels ....
... "looks" ... "appears" ... that´s just an illusion :lol:

in reality it´s all about LOCATION - LOCATION - LOCATION ...
... and that location/area is terrible - one of the ugliest areas of ibiza !

take a rundown 2star-hostal, do some renovations inside,
paint the facade miamibeach-style, create a hype via marketing
= es vive hotel :)

but each to their own :lol:

fair play - suggest an alternative then sir?

we want somewehere with a nice atmosphere, DJ by the pool sounds good, that is not a completely generic holiday hotel, with a good bar for afters & close to Ibiza town. And not to expensive.

have considered pacha hotel, but it is nearly 2 X expensive? Any suggestions welcome!

fair play - suggest an alternative then sir?

we want somewehere with a nice atmosphere, DJ by the pool sounds good, that is not a completely generic holiday hotel, with a good bar for afters & close to Ibiza town. And not to expensive.

If thats your main criteria I'd stick with Es Vive. I can see what Ice is saying, hes right to a degree. But the location is good for getting to Ibiza town and PDB, and it has all the above. Nowhere else does TBH, not even El Hotel :rolleyes:

If thats your main criteria I'd stick with Es Vive. I can see what Ice is saying, hes right to a degree. But the location is good for getting to Ibiza town and PDB, and it has all the above. Nowhere else does TBH, not even El Hotel :rolleyes:

Ta la - Icey I hear you on location, but we will have a car & will be out and about so am just really concerned with it being close to the action rather than a beauty spot.

We stayed in Figueretas last time and thought it was fine, it's messiness seemed over stated and no hookers!

And again,i agree 100%

And again,i agree 100%

I refer you to my previous statement!

Everyone slags it off (and I understand the reasons why), however ask them to suggest somewhere that seems as fun, is not to expensive ... and there does not appear to be anywere?

I'm sensing a hole in the market, someone with coin get stuck in there.

I refer you to my previous statement!

Everyone slags it off (and I understand the reasons why), however ask them to suggest somewhere that seems as fun, is not to expensive ... and there does not appear to be anywere?

I'm sensing a hole in the market, someone with coin get stuck in there.

Sorry for the ridiculously late response to this thread, but I had a week in Es Vive in September 09.

Getting a taxi was a hit and miss affair, sometimes waiting for nearly an hour. If you have a hire car parking will be difficult as street space is limited.

Food was good. 15-20 euros for a main course. Bar staff really friendly and efficient. I prefered a walk to the nearby restaurants on the sea front, and the view is a lot better, prices lower.

Front desk staff started off friendly, then seemed to turn into stuck up f***ers. I don't know what happened there! Maybe I was playing my ipod a little loud, with my room near reception.

Rooms are small but modern enough. Style over substance IMHO - quality of fittings from the 'cheaper' section of the hotel re-fitting catalog.

No DJ by the pool in September, so worth checking if they have one earlier in the season too. Funky/cool house and chillout is piped over the pool all day which is welcome, but if you have a room at the front of the hotel, take ear plugs if you want a lie-in.

The Smirnoff bar is a good intimate place to start an evening and get talking with fellow party people. Music was very good, lots of 'people in the know' go there for drinks away from the obvious touristy places. About 10 euros for a spirit with mixer. Gets going about midnight onwards.

View from hotel is crap, overlooking a poorly built apartment building, obscuring the sea view which is a shame. There is a small beach (turn left out the hotel) which is oppostie the restaurants. There's a small shop next to the hotel selling essential supplies, and a supermarket a short walk away for cheaper prices and more choice. Obviously.

Some residents are there to pose, no doubt. Most guests age 30+ which suited me.

Would I go back? Not to the hotel. Smirnoff bar worth a visit though. For me, the location was too far off the beaten track (although you can walk to Ibiza Town in 15 mins).

BUT, I didn't find any other hotel that I prefered either, so this year it's probably a villa and hire car.

got back couple days ago.

brilliant place to stay, staff make you feel welcome. rooms nice, aircon works!

get a room 3rd floor tho. ;)

Back