Hardcore music in Ibiza?

it's music for mongs or members of the hitler youth or Fiesta drivers in the North

Moby inadvertently drew attention to how ridiculous the sound is on his amusing (at the time) track "1000"

anyone championing it (even ironically) really should be embarrassed.

it's music for mongs or members of the hitler youth or Fiesta drivers in the North

Moby inadvertently drew attention to how ridiculous the sound is on his amusing (at the time) track "1000"

Or music for younger people Olly. I had some amazing nights bouncing about in a Stoke Leisure centre to Brisk, Sy & MC Connie.

Mong, Hitler Youth & Fiesta no.

Northern yes but is that so bad?

Or music for younger people Olly. I had some amazing nights bouncing about in a Stoke Leisure centre to Brisk, Sy & MC Connie.

Mong, Hitler Youth & Fiesta no.

Northern yes but is that so bad?

hang on a minute - are we talking about hardcore or gabber here? my bile is specifically aimed at gabber

if we're talking hardcore than I own quite a lot! mainly stuff like genaside II, jonny l, zero b, early XL records before they went pop. Happy hardcore and those pitched-up vocals completely lost me though

apols for generalisation but it does to seem to me northern boy racers are into bosh, whereas in London/SE it's all rnb/garridge/UK FUNKY - fair comment?

Not embarrassed at all, my boyfriend owns the entire Thunderdome series which he uses to relax. :lol: ...when he's not blocking out the naff funky house at his gay gym that is. ;)

I've never owned a fiesta and never been to a gabber party up north. I did it on the South Coast tho and it was a very smiley, happy silly affair. Not to be taken seriously at all.

Gabber is as much for Nazis as hip hop is for gun toting blacks. Fadism however is for kuntz.

I do agree with you on trendy bandwagon jumpers (people all jumping on joy orbison, burial, the XX - I doubt many of them will be remembered in 18 months time) and there are lot of mischievous journalists hyping their decidedly average mates up. But I do nevertheless have a lot of respect for artists trying new things, not necessarily coming off but still trying at least to extrapolate something new from the creative embers of dance music. But people just churning out 200bpm soulless anti-music without any identity or charm - I just don't get that. And you as someone who has championed incognito and soulful house and disco - I don't get that either! I listened to a lot of Euro NRG when I was 18, but even then, there was some kind of melody to it and therefore a point. And if music just becomes noise, what is the point? why not simply record a pneumatic drill outside and press it up? Or can someone educate me about the finer points of gabber - and change my life. And pass the Billy whilst you're at it.

Well guys, I was 15 when I was really in to gabber. All I wanted was the fastest , hardest music I could get. I was young and didn't know much about anything. I'd never try to say that all the music I ever liked was cool because as we all know that doesn't mean anything.

I have many memories from that era and I have kept my vinyl because those records remind me of being 15 , saving up my wages from my milk-run to go buy records . I don't ever throw records away because most of my records remind me of something.

I loved gabber/ gabba / speedcore / terrorcore etc etc , what ever people want to call it. That was 15 years ago and my tastes changed just like everyone else.

Forget where I was going with this now....:?::rolleyes:

i still have my Lenny Dee mix tape from Big Love in 92!!! :twisted: think he mix's and scratchs about 6 records in the space of 45 seconds at one point :)
used to love it as well back in the early 90's 8)

hang on a minute - are we talking about hardcore or gabber here? my bile is specifically aimed at gabber

if we're talking hardcore than I own quite a lot! mainly stuff like genaside II, jonny l, zero b, early XL records before they went pop. Happy hardcore and those pitched-up vocals completely lost me though

apols for generalisation but it does to seem to me northern boy racers are into bosh, whereas in London/SE it's all rnb/garridge/UK FUNKY - fair comment?

Ok then, were on the same page. Or at least the same chapter.

I've not heard much gabber, but hardcore will always have a special place in my heart.

re geographical tuneage - there must be a sh1t mixmag survey that 'exposes the truth' or summat?

I do agree with you on trendy bandwagon jumpers (people all jumping on joy orbison, burial, the XX - I doubt many of them will be remembered in 18 months time) and there are lot of mischievous journalists hyping their decidedly average mates up. But I do nevertheless have a lot of respect for artists trying new things, not necessarily coming off but still trying at least to extrapolate something new from the creative embers of dance music. But people just churning out 200bpm soulless anti-music without any identity or charm - I just don't get that. And you as someone who has championed incognito and soulful house and disco - I don't get that either! I listened to a lot of Euro NRG when I was 18, but even then, there was some kind of melody to it and therefore a point. And if music just becomes noise, what is the point? why not simply record a pneumatic drill outside and press it up? Or can someone educate me about the finer points of gabber - and change my life. And pass the Billy whilst you're at it.

There's nothing to get really. It's just unsociable anarchic noise for the sake of noise...and a damned site more interesting than bloody minimal. :lol:

I'm not a huge fan but the first sign of gabber at Glasto and I'm down the front shouting and spilling beer with the skinheads.

It's counterculture at its best because even die hard technoheads who like it bangin' can't hack the pace (lightweights).

Oh and whilst variety is the spice of life you probably won't see me at an Incognito gig sporting a Mockum t-shirt. :lol:

Back