Happy Thanksgiving!

I understood you the first time... didn't take it as a criticism at all. It was a good observation. It is a real difference and has both good and bad elements.

I was just pointing out that Miss F diminished talk of American earnestness by revealing that half the fun is going shopping on Friday and getting Big Bargains :lol:

nah, it was just an observation - not a criticism. You guys are more traditional and earnest about these events. Whereas here, people are more cynical. Xmas is just a marketing exercise for capitalists to exploit parental vulnerability.. everybody knows that - maybe 3% of the population still care about the religious dimension

eg with house music - the new york voguers at places like the shelter love their house but barely touch drugs, they just get off on the music - whereas in Britain, the scene is ALL about drugs - differences in culture - no rights/wrongs, in this instance

we are frightened of our heritage/traditions in the country!

eg:

March 17th - everyone dons silly green hats, and become avid Guiness drinkers for the day... all good fun eh?

April 23rd - If we all walked around with flags singing Jerusalem there would be an outcry :spank:

Well I think Thanksgiving is the best holiday for these reasons (in order):

1. Feasting with friends and family
2. Football (although my team is really suckin this year--Seahawks better whoop some Cowboy hide today!)
3. Shopping

It seems that every holiday has gotten away from the true meaning of what it should be all about, but I really think Thanksgiving is the best--I think we tend to reflect a little more on what truly makes us happy.

Morbyd--I liked your list. What kind of car are you getting BTW?

It seems that every holiday has gotten away from the true meaning of what it should be all about, but I really think Thanksgiving is the best--I think we tend to reflect a little more on what truly makes us happy.

Morbyd--I liked your list. What kind of car are you getting BTW?
The great thing about Thanksgiving is that the real meaning of it is extremely simple. Take a moment to appreciate what you've got, no matter how much or how little. The rest is up to you 8)
(Back home, I only watched the Thanksgiving Am. Football game if Washington was playing, which they usually weren't :lol:)

Re: car
http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=58021&highlight=peugeot

The great thing about Thanksgiving is that the real meaning of it is extremely simple. Take a moment to appreciate what you've got, no matter how much or how little. The rest is up to you 8)
(Back home, I only watched the Thanksgiving Am. Football game if Washington was playing, which they usually weren't :lol:)

Re: car
http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=58021&highlight=peugeot

Oh cute car!! :) Did it come??

I'm going to ask a stupid quesiton here--how do tall people fit into these small European cars? I mean when I went test driving for a car I could barely fit in the Honda's and Toyotas (not that I'm huge, but I like the seat back).

Supposed to arrive today. I haven't called the dealer, though, because I probably can't pick it up before Sunday anyway.

Weloveliam insists that tall people fit just fine into this model.. we'll see!

(Of course, you know that Hondas and Toyotas are Japanese not European :lol: ;))

Supposed to arrive today. I haven't called the dealer, though, because I probably can't pick it up before Sunday anyway.

Weloveliam insists that tall people fit just fine into this model.. we'll see!

(Of course, you know that Hondas and Toyotas are Japanese not European :lol: ;))

When you get the car you'll have to take a GQ picture all spawled out on it. Hahaha That reminds me--if I see one flippin car commercial for GM, Ford or Chrysler during the Superbowl I am going to go postal.

Happy Thanksgiving

thanksgiving_funny_picture_07.jpg

I am thankful to a couple of girls taking away my Green Vestal Livery in one night. After 33 years, I went where very few have been before. I feel like a shriveled up raisin today.

I am grateful for my daughter.:D

My wife and blinding friends. :D

My body and general health and for some of the things I can do.8)

I am grateful to have a regular job although its poo at times.:)

I am grateful for the strength to get through manic depression, my dad dying this year and other difficult stuff.:arrow:

The courage and desire to change the things about me and my life I am not happy with.:arrow:

Then past that its my xbox 360, HD TV, swish laptop, mobile phone, funky adidas gear and other not so important stuff;)

Thank God for all of the above.8)8)8)

Back