Happy Thanksgiving this weekend!

:lol:

I've been trying all week to think of anything I need that might be on sale and that I can order online (and pick up when I go home for Xmas) :lol:

If you are giving thanks for basically being american & lucky.

Presumably to fate. Because, it's not 'god'.

Would it not be better to say....do a days charity work in aid of those who have not won the lottery of life as American's have?

Instead of eating a sh1tload of turkey? Or have I missed the point?!

Mmmmm Morbyd, looks great! How do you do your carrots? :)
First I lightly browned them in butter, then set them aside.
Then I poured a cup of whiskey into the pan and about 3/4 cup of sugar (I think... didn't measure). Once that was boiling and reduced a little bit, I put the carrots back in and let them simmer for a while until soft, then added seasoned salt to taste. Mmm. :D

If you are giving thanks for basically being american & lucky.

Presumably to fate. Because, it's not 'god'.

Would it not be better to say....do a days charity work in aid of those who have not won the lottery of life as American's have?

Instead of eating a sh1tload of turkey? Or have I missed the point?!
The holiday started as a traditional harvest celebration, thus the accent on the feast.

In the States, a lot of people do charity work around the holiday - feeding the poor, etc. I remember my dad taking time to help our church deliver food baskets to the needy.

A little different for me here away from home on the holiday, without the family around. That's why I cook the traditional feast for a bunch of friends each year.

I saw a poll that said 90% of Americans planned to spend the day with family, and the average expected size of the gathering was 12 people. (we had 14 8))

First I lightly browned them in butter, then set them aside.
Then I poured a cup of whiskey into the pan and about 3/4 cup of sugar (I think... didn't measure). Once that was boiling and reduced a little bit, I put the carrots back in and let them simmer for a while until soft, then added seasoned salt to taste. Mmm. :D

Sounds good :D maybe one for Christmas...

The holiday started as a traditional harvest celebration, thus the accent on the feast.

In the States, a lot of people do charity work around the holiday - feeding the poor, etc. I remember my dad taking time to help our church deliver food baskets to the needy.

A little different for me here away from home on the holiday, without the family around. That's why I cook the traditional feast for a bunch of friends each year.

I saw a poll that said 90% of Americans planned to spend the day with family, and the average expected size of the gathering was 12 people. (we had 14 8))

i'll get my coat....

Back