Happy Christmas

^ it will go something like this -

Real ales :Rocking Rudolf, Bah Humbug (just cracked open the Rocking :))
Prosecco
Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc
St Emillion Grand Vin de Bordeaux
Faustino V
Vintage Port
Famous Grouse
Maybe a Vodka Cranberry or two as liveners inbetween?

I love a good stay at home "Leo Sayer":D.

Had my 3rd dry Christmas in a row. Tempting though it is, I find drinking doesn't mix too well with family in the vicinity when out and about these days !

One delightful glass of Pomerol on Christmas Eve at home this "Season" was my lot ... well, with the racks of wild venison I french trimmed and marinaded for 24hours in an entire bottle of Cotes du Rhone, stack of winter herbs/spices & pomegranite molasses that then made the sauce with a half a bag of fresh cherries and a jar of hedgerow jelly simmered in, it would have been rude not to :D. Followed our neighbour graciously handing over some of the many sea bass he'd caught on his fishing trip that morning which went straight in the oven for lunch. Pure Devon homely bliss.

Only trouble is the £100 a head "get out of Christmas slaving" lunch supposedly gazing across the stunning Devon coast on a perfect day was a real come-down after that... they'd drawn net curtains to block out the "glare" so we could focus on the usual over-fussed starter, hard sprouts, fatty lamb, indescribable "roast potatoes" and lead balloon pudding served up by twitchy waiters in for the week from somewhere East of the Balkans. Only consolation was the dog got to come inside for coffee & tidbits in the drawing room which he loved. At least some of the unfortunate punters getting stung for £800 a night in the "Christmas all-inclusive package" might have got a round of golf in before the heavens opened on boxing day. Why can no-one ever "do it right" when you go out here ?

Think I'm going to get a load of lobsters in next year and break with all tradition ... could have served up a banquet for a fraction of what that grotty meal out set us back - and wouldn't have had to drive !!!!

^ to any spotlight newbies - the above really would have happended, its not a joke.

Merry festives to the family and yourself. Promise I will pm you soon re my closing party adventures.

Safe
dsd;)

^ it will go something like this -

Real ales :Rocking Rudolf, Bah Humbug (just cracked open the Rocking :))
Prosecco
Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc
St Emillion Grand Vin de Bordeaux
Faustino V
Vintage Port
Famous Grouse
Maybe a Vodka Cranberry or two as liveners inbetween?

I love a good stay at home "Leo Sayer":D.

Things just went from bad to worse on Boxing Day. My sister came round about 9 bells, ended up cracking open all the above (as planned really) plus a Petit Chablis. pretty much wacked all the port which stopped us ripping into the Campo Viejo 2008 grand reserva (thank fuch).

Tis the season of over commercial binge buying instead of good will to man. Happy New Year. 2015 It will be like Ibiza for opening parties on the 31st and buy June it will be crusty like a late night Que in the west end.

great to read you again, kimajy!

tumblr_nh2s3v4y8q1r88u00o1_400.gif

Had my 3rd dry Christmas in a row. Tempting though it is, I find drinking doesn't mix too well with family in the vicinity when out and about these days !

One delightful glass of Pomerol on Christmas Eve at home this "Season" was my lot ... well, with the racks of wild venison I french trimmed and marinaded for 24hours in an entire bottle of Cotes du Rhone, stack of winter herbs/spices & pomegranite molasses that then made the sauce with a half a bag of fresh cherries and a jar of hedgerow jelly simmered in, it would have been rude not to :D. Followed our neighbour graciously handing over some of the many sea bass he'd caught on his fishing trip that morning which went straight in the oven for lunch. Pure Devon homely bliss.

Only trouble is the £100 a head "get out of Christmas slaving" lunch supposedly gazing across the stunning Devon coast on a perfect day was a real come-down after that... they'd drawn net curtains to block out the "glare" so we could focus on the usual over-fussed starter, hard sprouts, fatty lamb, indescribable "roast potatoes" and lead balloon pudding served up by twitchy waiters in for the week from somewhere East of the Balkans. Only consolation was the dog got to come inside for coffee & tidbits in the drawing room which he loved. At least some of the unfortunate punters getting stung for £800 a night in the "Christmas all-inclusive package" might have got a round of golf in before the heavens opened on boxing day. Why can no-one ever "do it right" when you go out here ?

Think I'm going to get a load of lobsters in next year and break with all tradition ... could have served up a banquet for a fraction of what that grotty meal out set us back - and wouldn't have had to drive !!!!
*Edited version* A classic Kimajy posting !

Back