H E D K A N D I .... BED, Sheffield ... New Year !

S

*Saffy*

Arriving in time to hear Mr. Andy Norman storming those damn decks and working the crowd into a frenzy ...
Saffy looks at watch ... Yup, not eleven yet !!!

This was such a happy night ... you can imagine it cant you?

Psst ... can i just say .. I have been mentioned THREE times on the Blue Room this morning ! Oh yes .. I'm famous !

What IS Hed Kandi?

It's ... a night when you go out with mates, you drink, you dance ... mainly to tunes you know and love .. sometimes to newly introduced ones .. (sneakily put in) ...

Cheese? Narrr ... you've got it wrong! Hed Kandi was created because of a love of music .. a love of a party vibe ... I really dont think anyone can top Hed Kandi in that at the moment !

*Saffy* said:
What IS Hed Kandi?

It's ... a night when you go out with mates, you drink, you dance ... mainly to tunes you know and love .. sometimes to newly introduced ones .. (sneakily put in) ...

Cheese? Narrr ... you've got it wrong! Hed Kandi was created because of a love of music .. a love of a party vibe ... I really dont think anyone can top Hed Kandi in that at the moment !

PMSL :lol: :lol: :lol: I take it the wine and non-prescription drugs sorted you out missy :lol: ;)

Blimey not half ... I even forgot the pain of my nose/lip !! And my nasal passages cleared tremendously .. HOWEVER (and, dear reader, there is a HOWEVER) .... the bugger is coming back full force now ..

SNOT PATROL!! Eugh !
Mind you, have just sat and cried my way through The Sound Of Music ... ooh it does do you good to have a good cry sometimes ... also eased the heaviness in the nasal passages so I could have a good blow !

The live PA's by Peyton and Therese went down a storm ... though I was dead worried they'd fall back onto the decks as they stood on a little shelf type thing just in front of them! :eek:

The queue for the cloakroom was diabolical .. but I guess it was in most clubs on New Year's Eve ... two lads who we met were there for one and a half hours .. and missed midnight ! Doh !

Great atmosphere .. probably the best at Kandi I've seen ... but I think I say that every time !

Little bits keep coming back to me ... it was such a phenominal night that there was too much to take in all at once!

I didnt leave the main room :( ... I normally have a potter upstairs and should have really, and the White Room I just wandered past on my way to the loo!

I was there! and what an amazing night it was they rolled out tune after tune after tune!! Best night i have ever had in bed even beating underwater when Delux and Emerson took over for the night.
And what a happy vibe it was with everyone, reminded me of the early 90s
"oops showing my age now"

Hiya Vinny .. Mansfield hey? Not far !

Every been to Blueprint on Alfreton Road, Notts .. or to a D.I.Y event at The Bomb?

where u from saffy? i take it not far from mansfield.
yes i have been to the bomb about 2 years ago when sasha played
great atmosphere but rammed us in a bit like cattle.
use to go to rennasance at media in notts to see the carl cox marathons and digweed,also used to go to venus in early 90s where sasha began.
did u ever go to the great venu 44 in mansfield or shellys at stoke,going back a few years now thoe.
ive just turned 30 married for 7 years with a six year old daughter yet
the buzz i get from the great music they call house will never leave us !!
we return to ibiza year after year once with my daughter for a chilled week,and may i say she loves the vibe and sunsets just as much as us,
she has all 3 ibiza cill out cds in her rack at home.
and once with friends for a week for a mad one(arnt perants great!)
any way thats about me in a nutshell sorry if ive gone on a bit.
what about you???

VINNY said:
where u from saffy? i take it not far from mansfield.
yes i have been to the bomb about 2 years ago when sasha played
great atmosphere but rammed us in a bit like cattle.
use to go to rennasance at media in notts to see the carl cox marathons and digweed,also used to go to venus in early 90s where sasha began.
did u ever go to the great venu 44 in mansfield or shellys at stoke,going back a few years now thoe.
ive just turned 30 married for 7 years with a six year old daughter yet
the buzz i get from the great music they call house will never leave us !!
we return to ibiza year after year once with my daughter for a chilled week,and may i say she loves the vibe and sunsets just as much as us,
she has all 3 ibiza cill out cds in her rack at home.
and once with friends for a week for a mad one(arnt perants great!)
any way thats about me in a nutshell sorry if ive gone on a bit.
what about you???

OOh I think I need to talk more to you!

I have two girls who we are taking out to Ibiza with us for the first time this July. (I worked there many moons ago and this last year was the first time I'd been back since)
Anyways ... am hoping they will like it as they are used to the quiet and quaint Greek Islands.

I'm 42 actually .. (groan .. that sounds really old, but I'm not really .. well, not in my head, and I dont have too many wrinkles, honest!)

Mike and I aint been out clubbing for YEARS ... in fact we only started re clubbing a couple of years ago ... loving it!

Usually inhabit BED but are going to start going to Urban Gorilla in Sheffield as went to see James Zabiela (as was intrigued as to what break music was like) and loved the club and the vibe there !!

Fave club used to be Blueprint in Nottingham but the Smokescreen guys have moved from there and are now at The RockHouse (Supernova?) in Derby once a month ... that's a wicked night and I fully recommend it !!!

you know the old saying saffy "YOUR AS OLD AS YOU FEEL"
when my wife and i go out clubbing we feel and act 18 and get just the
same buzz leading up to going out as we did 12 years ago.
takes a bit longer to get over a good night out now than what it used to!!
im shure your daughters will love ibiza,like mine does,she gets more exited
than we do!!
its great to be talking to someone with kids into the same vibe as us i dont
feel the odd one out know.looks like ive met a new foram buddy.
any way u still did not answer my question "where u from"

(sorry about my typeing im crap on keyboards" ;)

my daughter Megan says tell your girls they will love it in ibiza--the
sunsets and the water park where u can dance to the music from space!! :D

Tell Megan ... "THANK YOU" .. will let the girls have a read of this later!

I'm from just outside Matlock, so not too far away!

Know what you mean about "odd one out" .. as much as everyone makes you feel so so welcome and are very friendly, the fact that you have children add that little bit of extra responsibility.

I was going to say e mail me .. which you still can .. but I think it will be nice for other people who browse through the Spotlight Forum who may have children, to read this !!!

When did you first take Megan to Ibiza? Where do you usually stay?

Actually Vinny ... I think we should do a post in the "Things To Do" forum so will post something there for you ..

Matlock !! just a stones throw away,Megans second best place in the summer months.
Had some realy nice afternoons there last year when the weather was good,she loves the paddling pool and boats and gets me running up and down at the side of the train while she is sat on it.
Great fun for her but tireing for me!!!
just going over to the things to do post to add to your topic.

Back