Gyms

Sirens

around N1 area. Does anyone know of a good one, I am not keen on health clubs with pushy sales people. But I would like one that is fairly modern looking. I heard ages ago there was one that had a DJ in it, I think it was designed by the guy that did the Hacienda? Or am I thinking of something completely different :confused:

I work up the road from that! I'd be a member if it was a chain...they do loads of hilarious gorilla marketing stuff to attract new members - very entertaining!

Robder said:
they do loads of hilarious gorilla marketing stuff to attract new members - very entertaining!

Do you mean guerrilla marketing, or do they actually have guys in gorilla suits handing out flyers? ;) :p :lol:

Rob - I've seen some of their promo work too. Once I came out of Tottenham Court Rd station in the morning and there was this 20stone guy in a lycra leotard on a soapbox lifting a plastic weight! :lol: Very surreal at 9am on a Monday!

Sirens - Fitness First have gyms in Camden, Islington, Chalk Farm etc. They're not bad gyms, clean enough. You also have access to any of their gyms once you've joined up with one.

I go to Central YMCA near Tottenham Court Rd, not sure if thats local enough for you? Whereabouts in N1 were you thinking?

Beckiboo said:
Rob - I've seen some of their promo work too. Once I came out of Tottenham Court Rd station in the morning and there was this 20stone guy in a lycra leotard on a soapbox lifting a plastic weight! :lol: Very surreal at 9am on a Monday!

Sirens - Fitness First have gyms in Camden, Islington, Chalk Farm etc. They're not bad gyms, clean enough. You also have access to any of their gyms once you've joined up with one.

I go to Central YMCA near Tottenham Court Rd, not sure if thats local enough for you? Whereabouts in N1 were you thinking?

I don't like Fitness First (I use to work for them) The Hoxton/Islington area would be perfect for me, but I am prepared to travel for an exceptionally good gym.

I will look up gymbox thanks Jjiinet.

Gymbox looks good... might be the one

But I am looking for one that doesn't come with all the bull**** One where I don't need to be told which payment option is best for me. One where people work out properly and sweat. Not go to socialize and walk on a treadmill :twisted:

One similar to Fraile :)

Sirens said:
Really, what side of the road? I work just by there.

Its just round the corner on City Road. Its kind of opposite the wierd triangle bit in the middle of the road where the buses stop, on the South side of the road. (not sure if that makes sense :lol: )

Word of warning:

Virgin Gyms apparently attract lots of kids, especially where pools are present.

;)

Back