Gutted today - flat sale fell through

macdonsj

after weeks on the market we got a buyer for our flat
just found out today that his sister cannot get a mortgage allowing her to buy him out of their flat
so he now cannot buy ours
looks like we might end up losing out on the house we like

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

not a happy bunny
why he didn't make sure he has the financial chain in place before putting an offer in i don't know

anyone want a flat in Glasgow? :D:eek::cry:

there are some things like the car not working (check), getting caught in a downpour (check) and other small daily life challenges that you just learn to deal with.

then something like that happens scott and you realise what a roger hunt the world is.......

it is totally ridiculous, idiotic and down right unbelievable that in a country where you have to put a deposit down to borrow a trolley worth jack**** or book a table at a busy restaurant (100 quid), you can jolly up and do what you like for an investment of hundreds of thousands......

chin up son and you'll make it happen soon, get your claws out maybe.

:D8)

urgh - lots of sympathy coming from me!

That's bloody awful when you get attached to a place.

I guess you have to resign yourself to that old adage that 'everything happens for a reason' (or not...*bleurgh*)
:cry:

Sorry I hadn't seen this before Scott, you and Laura have all my sympathies, it's awful when it happens.

Years ago I was selling my flat in North London and me and Tom were buying our first place together in Ealing, I'd had an offer on my flat which was all going thru and we'd put an offer in on a flat in Ealing. One week before we were meant to complete/exchange the buyer on my flat pulled out (I literally had everything boxed up, I'd bought paint, loads of new stuff for our new place) - I was absolutely gutted and also felt a bit of a tit having to take everything back that I'd bought :oops:

We didn't get a buyer on my flat in time so lost the flat we wanted and for 6 months afterwards I just couldn't face looking at other places cos I was comparing everything to the flat we'd lost.

But as the old cliche says everything does happen for a reason, we ended up moving about 9 months later to a flat which in hindsight was much nicer than the one we'd originally lost out on and spent 5 happy years there so just bear with it and it will all work itself out in the end.

Still absolutely bastards tho :spank:

Whereabouts in Glasgow is it?

As said above, I've been messed about with buying and selling flats before, resulting in my missing out on my 'dream property' but in all instances, it's worked out for the best with me actually ending up somewhere much nicer or getting a better deal.

So, things always do work out for the best, even if it doesn't feel like that at the moment. Good luck.

Whereabouts in Glasgow is it?

As said above, I've been messed about with buying and selling flats before, resulting in my missing out on my 'dream property' but in all instances, it's worked out for the best with me actually ending up somewhere much nicer or getting a better deal.

So, things always do work out for the best, even if it doesn't feel like that at the moment. Good luck.

It's just off Victoria Road, near Queens Park.
Not the best of areas but its fine and quick to town
We've got another viewer this week so at least there is still interest
Was just all falling into place before cos i get 2 weeks off at Xmas - perfect for decorating etc
but onwards and upwards

Back