Guardia Civil Stories!

Boxman

Hi, could everyone write down stories about your encounteres with those Guardian Civil.

My first time to Ibiza on my last night out i walked very drunk, dancing and singing down from Cafe Del Mar on my way to Eden. I spotted two green shapes coming towards me. I was in a happy moode and didnt care mutch about them. But just as I passed them the first twat took his police club and gave me a smack. I managed to get my arm up so he didnt get me in my face, I satt down showing them I want no trouble the other one came up and smacked me again on the same arm. My friend came up and managed to stop them with his not so good English, when the figured we where not Brits they just said "puta" and walked off. My arm was f***ed for weeks after that.

My second time to Ibiza when I was walking through West End at one tome to get a Taxi to go to Amnesia one of those dodgy streetsellers came up and was bugging me with all type of crappy fake gold and dodgy pills, tried to ge away from him but by that time two Guardian Civil came up, they almost stripp searched me and took my money, dragged that Marokk away and the only thing that saved me was all the people round.

Any more stories? :rolleyes:

You must look like a dodgy character Boxman!!lol :eek:

never had any run ins with these boys but .....

you let the lads out for one night and the mischief they get up to....terrible

anyway, one night last year me and the girls decided to head to chill out bars and the boys had a night out on their own. coincedently we bumped into the lads a few hours later, a little drunk and whatever else, however they were all standin in group a little anxious. then i noticed 3 guards standin with their arms folded staring at the lads and their every move, i offcourse asked my boyfriend wat was goin on.

he told me they were doin a pub crawl and stumbled upon this place which appeared to be a bar (purple velvet curtain for a door - how obvious) and in they went in. these fat ladies were everywhere offering them one type of beer and urgin them to go up stairs, i was laughing me head off at this stage, and then he told me the guards found them come flyin out and chased them down the street.
i was still pissing myself at this stage when the guards walked up to us shouting abuse and then began takin out theyre batons!

offcourse we cleared the street and went home!

cant let the men out for one night, can ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

have storys of the gardie civil

all brutel i am afraid not very funny, seen the bashing up quite a few drunken english brits.. as they don't like us one bit.

funnist encounter though was one gardie civil chasing about 15 lookie lookie well funny...

i have seem people also getting done in by the unlicense door man.

they can be worse than the gardie civil.

they are sadist people who have become the police becuz they like to smack people around. I saw them arrest some black people last year, and they pulled them around in the hair and beat the crap outta them on open street! I couldnt believe my eyes, and it´s like the fascist police in Italy.

CANT BELIEVE THE SPANISH GOVERNMENT TOLERATES SUCH BEHAVOUR!

(some)BAD POLICE, (some)BAD TOURIST thats a bad mixing. But...been living in spain for 26 years and never had a problem with them....to say more they have always helped me.

El Diablo...you make a very valid point. There are some bad police and some bad tourists. It doesnt surprise me that some of the police want to kick the crap out of some of the English as SOME of them treat Ibiza (and other parts of Spain) like crap. They are noisy 24 hrs s day, cause trouble and damage property and in general tarnish the reputation of those resorts. Fortunately not all English people are like that but unfortunately most English speaking people get the treatment that only the small percentage deserve.
Me? I love Ibiza for the beautiful scenery, amazing people and most of all for the clubbing. I go there to enjoy all of that and do it in such a way whereby I respect local people and their property. By doing that, I dont cause any noise or any harm to anyone (I hope!!!).
I have only ever had one meeting with the Guardia Civil and that was when I was stopped in the street randomly and searched for drugs as they thought I was a dealer!!! They found nothing and let me go on my way but they did seem very disappointed that they didnt find anything.
I would love to learn to speak Spanish and have the aim to do so at some stage. I believe a few words of Spanish would help anyone in this situation.

us good Canadians had a bit of a run in.. we had rented a little Suzuki Samurai to drive around the island. There were 4 of us boys, and we had met 2 girls and became good friends, we were all going to Amnesia for Cream, but since there isnt much room in the car the girls had to sit on our laps in the back. As we drove by the police stopped us and told us that they were going to fine us, and tow our car away becuse we had those girls on our laps! One of the girls wouldnt have any of it and started yelling at the police officer! Who was speaking in spanish to us. My buddy asked him "Sir do you speak english?" and the police officer said flatly, and i swear this is no lie... "Yes but i dont want to right now" soo after some begging and pleading the officer let us go with just a warning only if two of us would get out of the car. So we did.. and that was that. Pretty terrible eh???

yellling at the police, not a smart move....second thougth although my terible english whn i fly to UK or USA i speak english, not spanish. ;)

I've been pulled up whilst in the back seat of a convertible car with a fit blonde whilst the driver was driving around with no lights on, all of us off our face!

Ive been pulled up and breathalised and fined for not wearing my seatbelt whilst driving.

Ive had them question me for drugs.

I dont speak spanish at all.

And you know what, they have always been pretty polite and helpfull. a little firm maybe but not anything like the brutality that some people have told me they have experienced.

I suppose it's just the way you approach them.

Once and once only I saw one walking through Cafe Mambo with his baton in his hand and an evil glint in his eye and I very smartly moved out of the way quickly and dissappeared inside the bar.

Last time I was there this happened to me - no word of a lie. I was walking through a little street in Ibiza old town and I saw two Guardia Civil come past me and they were both eating small sandwiches.

There are some dodgy characters in ibiza and I have seen the way a pack of lads get on, Not impressive they bring it on themselves. Such drunken messes.

Keep er lit in ibiza 19-26 sep
:twisted:

Ive had couple of run ins watched three been involved in one.

First one was in Magaluf geezer stumbled in road there motor had already stopped but they got out and beat the bloke bouncing him off a hedge,

second time see someone take a picture of them just standing around bad move as they went at him smashed the camera and gave him a beating,

third one was worse kids they was just kicking a box about early morning by the fountains guardia didnt appreciate it and whacked one of them pulled a gun to the head of another and proper shit them up and me I just kept walking.

My one was in Amnesia the closing party when you can get the tickets out the paper a under cover one thought I was serving up in there and pulled me out side luckily I managed to throw my mini polo pot in to the crowd, so got outside and had only a small bit of puff on me so he took that and let me go, lucky. And i got a lift back to Unity in a camper with a lovely couple.

So thats my experience with the guardia. Just dont piss them off say sorry alot and you'll be alright.

Cheers all

Tom

I lived in spain for about 8 months and found on the whole that they don't suffer fools gladly.
these are a few stories about them
I was living in the costa del sol
In Benalmadena there is a bar which i'm not going to name. The bar owner was a lady who's brother was chief of police.
The bar was renowned for coke dealing by the owners. PR'ing was not allowed at the time but you could PR for this bar. If you were caught PR'ing for another bar you would be stopped.
I was in this bar one night with some friends and 2 guardia civil walked in they chatted to the owner then went into a back room. After about 10 mins they came out. when they walked under the Uv lighting on the way out , you could see white powder on their moustaches.

Another time i was in a car getting a lift home with 3 workers that i knew, they were only young ( 18 - 19 ) and the driver was a bit mashed and he ended up crashing into a sign. No-one was hurt (luckily). We left the car to find a phone box or something as we were in the middle of nowhere. We couldn't find a phone box and headed back to the car, when we got back to the car there were 2 guardia police there, One of the guys i was with had a milky way size bar of weed on him. He and the other guys decide to eat it. The guardia civil took us all to the police station. We waited in a cell to be questioned, the 3 guys were slowly feeling the effects of the weed they had eaten.
The police came in and started to question the driver who started giggling and couldn't get his words out properly. One of the police hit him on the back of the head but the guy kept on laughing, then the other 2 started laughing. the police were shouting in spanish and hitting them. I was just sat there all quiet. I could speak a bit of spanish so i tried to sort things out. Luckily being a girl and being quite calm they listened to me. I managed to explain that we had skidded on something and veered off the road and that it was an accident and that my friends must have been in shock from the crash. The drivers Dad was living in spain nearby so they let us phone him.
When he came they let us go and gave the driver a fine.
As we left, the police man in charge clipped each of the guys around the ear one by one and told me to stay away from them in the future.
By this time i couldn't wait to get back home to bed.

Another time I saw one guy peeing up a wall in the middle of the street, one of the police saw him marched up and wacked him on the back of the legs, the guy swivelled around and peed on the guardia guy. The guardia guy then started hitting even more b4 arresting him.

Thats a few interesting experiences i have had of the guardia civil but generally if you stay calm and try and speak a bit of spanish they are generally ok. If you annoy them they won't hesitate to hit you with a baton. They don't like the british much and to be quite honest who would blame them, ive seen what british tourists can be like.

Hi, could everyone write down stories about your encounteres with those Guardian Civil.

My first time to Ibiza on my last night out i walked very drunk, dancing and singing down from Cafe Del Mar on my way to Eden. I spotted two green shapes coming towards me. I was in a happy moode and didnt care mutch about them. But just as I passed them the first twat took his police club and gave me a smack. I managed to get my arm up so he didnt get me in my face, I satt down showing them I want no trouble the other one came up and smacked me again on the same arm. My friend came up and managed to stop them with his not so good English, when the figured we where not Brits they just said "puta" and walked off. My arm was f***ed for weeks after that.

My second time to Ibiza when I was walking through West End at one tome to get a Taxi to go to Amnesia one of those dodgy streetsellers came up and was bugging me with all type of crappy fake gold and dodgy pills, tried to ge away from him but by that time two Guardian Civil came up, they almost stripp searched me and took my money, dragged that Marokk away and the only thing that saved me was all the people round.

Any more stories? :rolleyes:

and 14 years later, a reply

no fan of the Spanish police but some of the shit they have to put up with from drunken tourist twats is unbelievable. Their restraint is amazing. if I was in their shoes I'd go full vigilante!

that said, I think there is a tendency to go for easy hits - they will happily nail someone for parking/speeding offences but do bugger all when you get robbed. and as for applying for a DNI/NIE - it can take months if not years!

it could also get very messy on October 1st if the catalan referendum goes ahead - with different local/national police forces potentially pitted against each other!

I never had an issue with them. Seen them dish out a few beatings over the years so know they're not to be f***ed with.
I think if they didn't bring an element of fear to a row they would be overrun in places like the west end at times.

Back