Groove Armada standing in for Tong last friday

I lived at Dermot Morgan's flat in 1998. Shortly after he died, it was let out - well strange finding little clues around the place as to who had lived there before - photos behind drawers, bills addressed to 'D.Morgan', comments by Mr Khan at the shop downstairs - very sad passing, enjoyed the programme.

as for GA - some good stuff around the middle of the show - barely ever tune in to R1 these days - superstylin' is a massive guilty pleasure of mine (I hate that term but I suppose quite apt here) I saw them live at the Razz in Barcelona in 2004 and they were very, very good. Problem is they will forever be associated with the naff clapham coffee table crowd and some of their good work (esp the comps) gets overlooked.

I seem to recall seeing Andy Cato in Ibiza last summer - where superstylin' seemed to be teased into every other track. It wasn't a bad set in truth, albeit lacking in warmth at times - the first time I'd been clubbing on spanish soil with two of forumville's finest and memorable for that alone :D

they also played our forum mate Stu Hirst's track in one of their mixes..

20:00

Essential New Tune
Adam Shaw - 'Engage' (CR2)

Ashley Beedle From X-Press 2 On The Phone
X-Press 2 - 'Musik Xpress' (Skint)

Groove Armada In The Mix Pt 2
Beni - 'My Love Needs You' (Relish Recordings)
Zombie Disco Squad 'Esperanto (Solo Remix)' (Sound Pellegrino)
Jamie Jones - 'Panic (Bass Clef Remix)' (Crosstown Rebels)
Stu Hirst - 'Clap Snare Repeat' (Cr2)

Well done fella! 8)8)8)

Go Stu!

Re: GA. I was part of the Superstylin-backlash for a while but I've got to admit I really enjoyed the live version they did at the beach party at S'Etanyol last September. Bopped around like a teenager. It is a catchy tune, to be fair.

Go Stu!

Re: GA. I was part of the Superstylin-backlash for a while but I've got to admit I really enjoyed the live version they did at the beach party at S'Etanyol last September. Bopped around like a teenager. It is a catchy tune, to be fair.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: First time we heard it played in a club - phil sported a neck injury for a few days afterwards as he was 'aving it a bit too much... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Go Stu!

it is a good tune

but playing it 3 times+ in a 2hr set is pish

playing it on a radio show which (apart from the classic essential tune) is supposed to be about new music - is pish

I think as a live act they are pretty good. Seen them quite a few times and to be honest never had a bad night.

I totally understand the backlash to the Superstylin though as it has had the granny kicked out of it.

Back