Greek Holidays

Emma_1983

Need some ideas for a cheap summer holiday this year, cant see it being Ibiza but you never know. Am contemplating going there for 2 weeks but having more of a sightseeing/beach holiday with the odd night out.

If not my other ideas are Kefalonia or Skiathos (my parents rave about it)

Anybody got any feedback on either of these places? Trying to find a forum with people writing on it about resorts etc but it wont let me register :spank:

Need some ideas for a cheap summer holiday this year, cant see it being Ibiza but you never know. Am contemplating going there for 2 weeks but having more of a sightseeing/beach holiday with the odd night out.

Anybody got any feedback on either of these places? Trying to find a forum with people writing on it about resorts etc but it wont let me register :spank:

cyprus??? lots to see, nice n hot, easy to drive, cheap food and easyjet fly there!!!

When i was younger i remember Halki and Patmos being very nice. Not much there but great for relaxing

Emma - avoid Cyprus its shiiiiiite - or at least avoid Paphos - its dead, the nightlife is pants, its expensive cos they arent getting the visitors for the past 2 years so, in their minds putting the prices up on everything is the way forward to make up for the lack of tourists spending money..... :rolleyes:

Avoid the € zone for a cheap holiday - Turkey is going to be a popular place this year they say......

Mind you surprisingly, there are some really really cheap package deals to Spain this year - we were quite surprised at the prices - so that's an option.

Personally, we are going to Portugal - well that's the plan for this year....

Easyjet flights £39.50 each way per person and renting out a mate's apartment. Costing us £400 for the week between us....

Going Calafell in Spain for a week in June and cost me £400 for 5 of us flights and appartment around 300euros for a week.

Got own swimming pool etc. 50m (metres not miles) from 40 beach and around 40 mins into Barcelona on train and i think about 3 or 4 trains an hour.

Appartments are lovely and clean. Calafell itself is quiet however plenty restaurants and bars which is enough. Beach there is lovely. Only saw one drunken English person the whole time I was there and that was the missus.

Great for a cheap week away. Ideal for us as kids are safe too and we know the area.

Kefalonia is great. I had a nice holiday there a few years back. It's a lovely place.

The capital Argostoli is good for a night out. A big square surrounded by bars and restaurants. I'll defo go back at some point.

Very laid back and relaxing.

Can't offer anything here except the fact that I have a friend who constantly goes on about how wonderful Skiathos is.

Kefalonia is great. I had a nice holiday there a few years back. It's a lovely place.

The capital Argostoli is good for a night out. A big square surrounded by bars and restaurants. I'll defo go back at some point.

Very laid back and relaxing.

I was going to ask you what resort, I keep coming up with Lassi and Skala......but Argostoli sounds good, maybe I will have a read up! :lol:

Going Calafell in Spain for a week in June and cost me £400 for 5 of us flights and appartment around 300euros for a week.

Got own swimming pool etc. 50m (metres not miles) from 40 beach and around 40 mins into Barcelona on train and i think about 3 or 4 trains an hour.

Appartments are lovely and clean. Calafell itself is quiet however plenty restaurants and bars which is enough. Beach there is lovely. Only saw one drunken English person the whole time I was there and that was the missus.

Great for a cheap week away. Ideal for us as kids are safe too and we know the area.

:lol:

Thanks for the tip, we just want a nice relaxing break where we can mooch around and take it easy.

Will have a look at some of the suggestions on here, cheers people!

I was going to ask you what resort, I keep coming up with Lassi and Skala......but Argostoli sounds good, maybe I will have a read up! :lol:

We stayed in Lassi. Argostoli is like Ibiza Town in that it's great on a night, but wouldn't recommend staying there (no beach)

I'd stay at Lassi, definately. Argostoli is a quick taxi ride or a long walk away. It's also right on the beach.

We stayed in Lassi. Argostoli is like Ibiza Town in that it's great on a night, but wouldn't recommend staying there (no beach)

I'd stay at Lassi, definately. Argostoli is a quick taxi ride or a long walk away. It's also right on the beach.

Thanks for the tip :lol:

Turkey is going to be a popular place this year they say......

i'd probably choose turkey over greece too! spent a month on the greek islands & paros & naxos were quiet with pristine beaches etc. but turkey is defo the way to go..... spent a month there also & FETHIYE & along that coast have some of the best beaches in the world!

Back