Good Customer Service

Emma_1983

For once I have had some good customer service, from Orange.

My phone packed up on my yesterday - I swear to god that is the last time I have a touch screen phone - and at first they wouldnt do anything about it. I dont pay the insurance and the warranty ran out in June (apparantly) so I had to rush out last night to buy a cheap old handset to make do until I sorted it out. Or I could have paid them a one off payment of £30 and joined up to their insurance package and got a reconditioned handset (I dont think so).

Phoned them up this morning to have a big old rant as that was the kind of mood I was in - was upset I will lose all my pics and videos and have lost half my numbers transferring my Sim to the cheap phone I bought - and the woman couldnt have been nicer. She offered me a new handset (anyone I liked) and a discount on my line rental.

Halfway through their computer system crashed (surprise surprise) and she said she would phone me back - I thought yeah right - but she actually did phone me back and was as nice as pie. We even had a 10 minute conversation about camping.

So I am now in a very happy mood as someone actually managed to sort something out for me rather then fob me off.

I praise Maureen from Orange Customer Services :lol:

Yeh I have recently had good service from Orange as well.

Seems like with less money about in general at the moment these places really need you're business.

Unlike some clubs in Ibiza it seems...

Yeh I have recently had good service from Orange as well.

Seems like with less money about in general at the moment these places really need you're business.

Unlike some clubs in Ibiza it seems...

Its weird how everytime I phone up the first person I speak to doesnt have any of it then I call back the next day and get someone so helpful.

Some people really do enjoy their jobs :lol:

Annoying things:

"We are currently experiencing high call volumes..."

Bullsh*t... you have always been & will always be short staffed.

"Your call is important to us & an operator will be with you shortly..."

Bullsh*t... you couldn't give a flying f***...

"In order that your call may be dealt with more efficiently... please choose from one of the following options.. "

Bullsh*t waste of time... will still get put through to a random moron.

"Good mawnin' to da owner of da mobeye phone... "

F*ck... they've opened up a call centre in Mumbai...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still waiting for a call back from 10 days ago from Orange!!

Rang yesterday also to pay my bill but as you said it surprise surprise system down but they will ring me back but never did!!

My missus used to work for Orange in retail store and when she told them she was pregnant she had to give them documents etc for HR. The manager lookedon the website for detais and it had send documents to and then quoted email address. The manager put my missus documents in an envelope and wrote the email address on it and filled out a recorded delivery form and sent it off!!! To make it worse the post office accepted it!!! What the fcuk!!:eek: Eventually got the documents back as had recorded number but if the manager of a store is like that then god help us. I have got a list of stories from when my missus worked there! Proper cowboy operation!

I have had nothing but problems with my new phone C902 SONY and one of the pieces of advice I got from Orange helpine was to keep switching it on and off evertime I left Brentwood and other areas so I would pick up new signal!!

They are clowns but I am glad you got some joy out of them!

Ps - You'll be lucky to get a bloody reception at V!!

Annoying things:

"In order that your call may be dealt with more efficiently... please choose from one of the following options.. "

I hang up if its a foreign call centre, they dont have a clue, they f**ked up my last contract with Orange thanks to them not understanding what I was saying.

I'm still waiting for a call back from 10 days ago from Orange!!

Rang yesterday also to pay my bill but as you said it surprise surprise system down but they will ring me back but never did!!

My missus used to work for Orange in retail store and when she told them she was pregnant she had to give them documents etc for HR. The manager lookedon the website for detais and it had send documents to and then quoted email address. The manager put my missus documents in an envelope and wrote the email address on it and filled out a recorded delivery form and sent it off!!! To make it worse the post office accepted it!!! What the fcuk!!:eek: Eventually got the documents back as had recorded number but if the manager of a store is like that then god help us. I have got a list of stories from when my missus worked there! Proper cowboy operation!

I have had nothing but problems with my new phone C902 SONY and one of the pieces of advice I got from Orange helpine was to keep switching it on and off evertime I left Brentwood and other areas so I would pick up new signal!!

They are clowns but I am glad you got some joy out of them!

Ps - You'll be lucky to get a bloody reception at V!!

I admit they are usually clowns, hence why I was so pleased. I think its because I am a premier customer yet still dont get great benefits! WTF.

I know whatt you mean about V - its crazy how the phones go.
Messages come through hours later and phone calls just never connect!! All fun and games. I think I will have it switched off most of the day!

Annoying things:

Absolutely Spot On8)....any more corporate weasel worded BS quotes you know of to arm us please:D:D:D

The 3 mobile network amongst others are shocking, they have their "customer service" in a call centre in India, fcuking nightmare trying to have a "conversation" with some of these people.

Customer service in general in Ireland and the UK is appalling, im not sure about the rest of Europe though, in Dubai the customer service is of a very high standard much more so than anywhere ive ever been,they will go out of their way to help you whther than be in a bank,travel agent,shopping mall or airline reservartions.

and that random moron would be me if you called a well known chain store (not anything to do with mobile phones)!!

the worst thing about my job is that people phone and are horrible and snotty and call you every name under the sun as if iv personally gone round to their house and made something faulty and because he kicks off so much he gets exactly what he wants and then a little old woman calls with the same problem and wont accept any gift vouchers or goodwill gestures because they dont want to cause a fuss!!

okay rant over!!

Being an Orange premier customer is the answer to all mobile phone woes :)

Sky really got my back up the other day, if you want to add to your existing package you can do it with the touch of a button on your remote control, if you want to remove anything however, resulting in a reduction to your bill...well that's a different story...you get "Dave" the robot customer services advisor who if you ask anything whatsoever off his script he just says "ok thankyou I will do everything I can to help you", he didn't understand half of what I was saying, my boyf was looking at me really oddly as I was speaking like I was on the phone to a child, when he asked if I was having a good day I politely explained that I was until I had to call up sky and explain myself 10 times over and he just went "ok thankyou", I actually ended up laughing by the end of it as you couldn't make it up, sky thankfully redeemed themselves when I spoke to some scottish guy who answered all my questions straight off and was very helpful, I also could rant on all day about British Gas...and what really gets me is the new 0870 numbers they all seem to have now which cost a fortune to call from a mobile, especially when your on hold for over 20minutes before you even get through! I dread when I have to ring a utilities company. :spank:

orange have just refunded me 120 quid they owe me and put me on a £5 a month contract, 200 mins, unlimited texts!

Kinda scuppers my plans for an iPhone as that is so cheap it would be silly to get rid of it... hmm :confused:

orange have just refunded me 120 quid they owe me and put me on a £5 a month contract, 200 mins, unlimited texts!

Kinda scuppers my plans for an iPhone as that is so cheap it would be silly to get rid of it... hmm :confused:

They have given me a discount on line rental too ;)

Back